The city of Charleston, Historic Charleston Foundation and numerous community partners will host a series of public Dutch Dialogues Charleston events this month to provide community members and local stakeholders an opportunity to engage with the team and offer feedback on their progress.
Dutch Dialogues Charleston is a collaborative effort involving national and international flooding experts, city officials, nonprofit partners and area residents to develop and design solutions for several major flooding challenges facing the city of Charleston.
The following public events are scheduled:
- Public Meeting with the Design Team: Monday, July 15, 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Crosstowne Church, 1941 Bees Ferry Road
- Hear a brief update from the Dutch Dialogues team, beginning at 6:30 p.m., followed by an opportunity to offer input on the project.
- Amsterdam Rainproof Presentation & Open House: Wednesday, July 17, 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Clemson Design Center, 701 East Bay Street
- From 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Daniel Goedbloed, the city of Amsterdam’s Rainproof Program Manager, will explain how the “Every Drop Counts” approach is engaging citizens and local businesses to make Amsterdam greener, more resilient and less flood-prone. He will share lessons learned and suggest how Charleston might develop its own version of Rainproof.
Throughout the event, attendees are invited to engage with the Dutch Dialogues design team as they work and offer feedback on their progress in an open-house format.
The Dutch Dialogues Charleston team will return Thursday, September 26 to present their final report. The presentation will be open to the public and take place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Gaillard Center, located 2 George Street.
For more information on the project, and to offer feedback online, visit www.dutchdialoguescharleston.org.
ZZ Top Returns to the North Charleston PAC in September
Rock & Roll Hall of Famers ZZ Top will perform at the North Charleston Coliseum on September 28th. In 1969,...
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
BCLS Hosts a Variety of Children’s Virtual Programs for Summer 2021
Fetter Health Care Network extends COVID-19 vaccine clinics into July
High Tide Music Festival Coming to Riverfront Park this September
UPDATE: Suds + Spuds Fundraising Event Postponed to the Fall
The Charleston Forum Kicks Off 5th Annual Events this Month
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks