UPDATE: 8/19/19 – This event has been canceled. Click here for more info.
-Original Post Below-
After a two-year break, the Charleston Restaurant Foundation (CRF) has announced the return of the Taste of Charleston, taking place at Riverfront Park on Sunday, October 13th.
The culinary event will now be completely cashless thanks to the implementation of RFID wristbands, which will allow guests to preload points to be redeemed for food and drinks from over 40 Charleston restaurants. The new-look event will also include: live entertainment, a Charleston Cultural Center, Kid’s STEAM Kitchen area (12 and under), private cabanas for sponsors, and a special VIP section with chef demos.
Taste of Charleston guests will have the chance to taste their way around the city, with restaurants divided into four tents based on their geographical location. The Battery Brass Band will perform, while Sandy Nivens and the Bluestone Ramblers will be onsite in the VIP tent. VIP attendees will also be treated to special cuisine, liquor samples from local distilleries, a private bathroom, and chef demos including a special butchering lesson from Stockyard Beef.
To kick off the festivities, the CRF will be hosting its Taste of Charleston Ticket Launch Party on Thursday, June 6th from 6 pm to 9 pm at the Cooper River Room featuring live music from the Battery Brass Band, local food and beverages, Taste of Charleston ticket discounts, ticket giveaways, and more.
“After a two-year break, we are thrilled to bring back the Taste of Charleston this fall with elevated chefs, restaurants, and activities so that guests can experience the best of Charleston’s culinary scene at an affordable cost,” President of the CRF Jonathan Kish said. “We can’t wait to introduce guests to our seamless and convenient RFID wristbands, reimagined VIP experience, Charleston Cultural Center, and more.”
Ticket prices and details are as follows:
- Taste of Charleston Ticket Launch Party
- June 6th (21 & older)
- Cooper River Room, 99 Harry M. Hallman Jr Blvd, Mt Pleasant
- $49/person, includes food and beverages
- Available for purchase online
- Guests can purchase Taste of Charleston tickets at the Launch Party at a discount or with double the points
- Taste of Charleston
- October 13th
- Riverfront Park, 1061 Everglades Ave, North Charleston
- General Admission: $20/person, includes $10 in pre-loaded points (to be redeemed on food and beverages)
- VIP: $125/person, includes $25 in pre-loaded points
- Available for purchase beginning June 6th: www.tasteofcharleston.com
- Guests can also purchase Taste of Charleston tickets at the Launch Party at a discount or with double the points
Guests who register with their basic information when purchasing their tickets at the event or online will also receive a special point bonus, to be announced soon. RFID wristband service fees are not included.
Homegrown Holiday Bazaar Scheduled for December 3rd
The ninth annual Homegrown Holiday Bazaar will be held Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 at Johns Island County Park (2662 Mullet...