- Expansion of Senior Fares ($1 per ride) to all operating hours
- Previously available between 9 am and 3 pm
- Elimination of transfer fees (currently 50 cents)
- Establishment of weekly unlimited regular passes ($15) and Express passes ($25)
- Currently available on a monthly basis
CARTA staff will now revise official policies and complete required authorizations to put the changes in place for approval at the July 15th board meeting.
“The steps taken today will directly benefit a large portion of our ridership by easing strain on wallets and reducing barriers to mobility,” CARTA Board of Directors Chairman Mike Seekings said. “The board is focused on continuing to develop a system that works hard for riders in a convenient and cost-efficient manner and our work to this point has placed us in a position to make constructive decisions like this.”
The CARTA board noted the involvement of the Charleston Area Justice Ministry in bringing forward the changes for consideration.
Second Annual Car Show in Summerville Benefits Families Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia
The ARK of South Carolina announced that it will be hosting its second annual Car Show on Saturday, March 25th...