South Carolina Chefs to be Represented at Atlanta Food & Wine Festival
Grab your glasses, 17 chefs from South Carolina will take guests Off The Eaten Path during the ninth annual Atlanta Food & Wine Festival. The epicurean adventure takes place from May 30 – June 2, where attendees from across the country will come together to enjoy the dishes and spirits of the South. Get fired up as over 150 chefs, sommeliers and mixologists from Texas to the District of Columbia round out a robust lineup of talent for all to enjoy and savor their bites and sips through immersive Learning Experiences, epic Tasting Tents, and unique dinners and events.
This year, talent will spotlight off-the-grid foodie destinations, rising culinary stars, and more. An Advisory Council celebrated by Woodford Reserve is stacked with fresh-yet-savvy talent who will carefully curate unique dinners, hands-on Master Classes, and thought-provoking seminars throughout the weekend highlighting the unexpected, and incorporating surprise and delight ingredients. Be sure to take notes – these will be names you’ll want to remember.
The stellar lineup of talent hailing from South Carolina includes:
- Ramone Dickerson of 2 Fat 2 Fly | Columbia, SC
- Christian Hansen of Blue Ridge Creamery | Travelers Rest, SC
- Katy Keefe of McCrady’s and McCrady’s Tavern | Charleston, SC
- Orchid Paulmeier of One Hot Mama’s, The Lodge, Marley’s Island Grille and Shrimp & Burger Shack | Hilton Head, SC
- Heidi Trull of Grits and Groceries | Belton, SC
- Shuai Wang of Jackrabbit Filly (opening Summer 2019) | Charleston, SC
- Nathan Beriau of Montage Palmetto Bluff | Bluffton, SC
- Ben Dinsmore of The Darling Oyster Bar | Charleston, SC
- Shaun Garcia of Soby’s New South Cuisine | Greenville, SC
- Michael Holler of Indaco | Charleston, SC
- Peggy Loftus of The Local Palate | Charleston, SC
- Emily Storrow of The Local Palate | Charleston, SC
- Andrea Lever Upchurch of The Obstinate Daughter and Beardcats Sweetshop | Charleston, SC
- Jeremiah Bacon of The Indigo Road: The Macintosh and Oak Steakhouse | Charleston, SC
- Frederick Corriher of Frederick Corriher Wine | Charleston, SC
- Matt Lee of The Lee Bros. | Charleston, SC
- Jessica Shillato | Columbia, SC
“Atlanta Food & Wine is proud to represent some of the top culinary names from across the Southeast. Once again, we have a diverse lineup of chefs, sommeliers, and mixologists, and we can’t wait to highlight their creativity and expertise with attendees,” said Atlanta Food & Wine Festival Co-Founder Elizabeth Feichter. “As Atlantans, and food lovers, we’re looking forward to hosting not only our visiting talent but all of our guests traveling in for the Festival later this month.”
Atlanta Food & Wine Festival prides itself on having an extensive catalogue of programs and events where guests can eat, drink and learn about the South’s rich food and beverage traditions from the region’s best talent. South Carolina plays a big role in these traditions and can be seen represented through the weekend’s full roster of classes, dinners and events.
For the full lineup, including Learning Experiences, Master Studios, Dinners and Events, visit www.atlfoodandwinefestival.com. For those traveling from out of town, the Festival will be headquartered at the Loews Hotel in Midtown Atlanta. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly and referring to the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival Room Block. For more information on travel and lodging, visit https://atlfoodandwinefestival.com/travel/.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...