WalletHub compared the attractiveness of each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia for a working mother based on 16 key metrics. The data set ranges from median women’s salary to female unemployment rate to day-care quality.
Life as a Working Mom in South Carolina (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 44th – Day-Care Quality
- 46th – Pediatricians per Capita
- 47th – Gender Pay Gap (Women’s Earnings as % of Men’s)
- 50th – Ratio of Female Executives to Male Executives
- 37th – Median Women’s Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 25th – Female Unemployment Rate
- 38th – Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 31st – Avg. Length of Woman’s Workday (in Hours)
- 43rd – % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
To see the full report, click here.
Charleston Modern Collective to Present Dance Performance “Afterlife”
The Charleston Modern Collective, the modern dance performance company of the downtown Charleston nonprofit dance studio Dancefx, is presenting a...