The schedule is as follows:
- Grass In the Hall
- Featuring Red Cedar Review, Marshgrass Mamas, and Bluestone Ramblers
- Wednesday, May 29th
- Grass in the Hall is back for its 5th year as part of The Charleston Music Hall Piccolo Spoleto Series with three amazing local bluegrass bands. If you love The Bluegrass, Americana, and Folk music, you will love the musical stylings of Red Cedar Review, Marshgrass Mamas, and The Bluestone Ramblers. This show is presented in a Grand Ole Opry style, as we seek to open your ears to the sounds of Lowcountry Music.
- Women + Springsteen: A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen
- Featuring 8 Local Female Vocalists, The Hungry Monks, and The Western Polaroids
- Thursday, May 30th
- This series is the brainchild of local musicians Lindsay Holler and Hazel Ketchum who thought it would be interesting to have women interpret the songs of Tom Waits back in 2015. It was a magical evening indeed. So magical, that the Music Hall decided to keep the series rolling with Women & Young, Women & Bowie, Women & Dylan, Women & Radiohead, Women & The Rolling Stones, Women & Leonard Cohen, Women & Gram Parsons, Women & Cooke, Dudes & Dolly, Women & The Dead, Women & Petty, Women & The Beatles, Guys & Gillian, and Women & Zeppelin.
- Soundtrack of the 80s
- Featuring Quiana Parler, Charlton Singleton & Friends
- Saturday, June 1st
- 80s! 80s! 80s! You sing it in your car! You sing it in the shower! It is THAT SONG that you want everyone to know that you know all of the words to! It is also THAT SONG that you do not want everyone to know that you know all of the words to! Terms like “Soft Rock” and “Big Hair” became the norm. Join Charlton Singleton and Quiana Parler as they continue to wow concertgoers with their high-energy tribute concerts. GUARANTEED TO EXCITE!
- HEART – An Inclusive Arts Community presents: STAR – Super Talented Actors Rasslin’
- Sunday, June 2nd at 2 pm
- HEART is an inclusive arts community that provides art mentorships and community engagement for adults with special needs. Every year, HEART writes an original inclusive musical to showcase at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival and this year, it’s a heart-warming comedy called STAR – Super Talented Actors Rasslin’
- PechaKucha 34
- Featuring Meisha Johnson, David Mandel, Nayda and Erik Hutson, Hunter Park, Haydn Haring, Adam Parker, Brandon Brooks, Jesse Blom
- Wednesday, June 5th
- PechaKucha, Japanese for “chit chat,” is a presentation style in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes and 40 seconds in total) keeping presentation concise, fast-paced, and powerful. The Charleston Music Hall is proud to be the official venue and producer of PechaKucha Charleston along with Charleston Arts Festival. The Music Hall, with help from collaborators and artist liaison Terry Fox, hopes to focus on developing a strong, interesting, and diverse presenter line up from an array of different artistic, creative, and entrepreneurial disciplines and encourage collaboration, communication, and support in Charleston’s creative community. Come be inspired by 8 of Charleston’s hard working creatives.
- Django A Gogo: The Music of Django Reinhardt
- Featuring The Stephane Wrembel Band
- Thursday, June 6th
- Imagined and founded by acclaimed guitarist and composer Strephane Wrembel more than 10 years ago in New York City, Django a Gogo is a world class event that celebrates the music and the spirit of the great French guitar master, Django Reinhardt. Following the celebrated Django a Gogo concerts presented at the legendary Carnegie Hall in 2017 and at Town Hall NYC in 2018, Stephane Wrembel is happy to present a very special edition of Django a Gogo on Tour at Charleston Music Hall on June 6 at this year’s Piccolo Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC.Django a Gogo celebrates Django Reinhardt as a composer, as a guitarist, as a Gypsy, as a free thinker and a traveler. Django a Gogo is a space of expression for Django masters, and masters of other styles, a space of the highest musical exchange in the world. Django a Gogo is a high-level artistic reunion between American and European masters of what many people call gypsy jazz.
Click here for more information and tickets to each of these events.
Events3 hours ago
Bistronomy by Nico to Host Sandhi Winery Pairing Lunch
For their October wine lunch, the team from Bistronomy by Nico will celebrate wine from California’s Sandhi Winery, a small...
Charity8 hours ago
Uptown Social to Host “On Wednesdays We Drink Pink” Fundraising Event
Events8 hours ago
Gaillard Center Hosting Southeast Premiere of New Ballet Honoring Pianist & Activist Hazel Scott by Dance Theatre of Harlem
Events8 hours ago
Disney On Ice Returns to the North Charleston Coliseum in October
Art9 hours ago
Principle Gallery to Present Solo Exhibition by Christie Younger
Events9 hours ago
Charleston Symphony Orchestra League Announces 25th Anniversary of the Symphony Tour of Island Homes
Events10 hours ago
Local Youth Organization To Host Culinary Arts Event for Young Entrepreneurs