Junior League of Charleston (JLC) volunteers will be on site at area Harris Teeter locations to kick off the drive on Saturday, April 6th, from 9 am to 1 p.m. at Westwood Plaza (1812 Sam Rittenburg Blvd., Charleston), and Sunday, April 7th, from 9 am to 1 pm at Belle Hall Shopping Center (620 Long Point Rd., Mt. Pleasant).
Additional drop-off locations available throughout the week include:
- WCBD News 2 – 210 West Coleman Blvd., Mt. Pleasant
- Central Square at Watermark Apartments – 1280 Appling Dr., Mt. Pleasant
- Chick-Fil-A – 1024 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt. Pleasant
- Chick-Fil-A – 653 Long Point Rd., Mt. Pleasant
- Dr. Amanda Seay Dentistry – 3404 Salterbeck St., #202, Mt. Pleasant
- Ghost Monkey Brewery – 522 Wando Ln., Mt. Pleasant
- Joyner Family Dentistry – 2030 Wambaw Creek, Suite 106, Charleston
- Mt. Pleasant Regional Library – 1133 Mathis Ferry Rd., Mt. Pleasant
- Pleasant Paws Day Spa – 577 Belle Station Blvd., Mt. Pleasant
- Kidz Adventure Cutz – 1152 Oakland Market Rd., Mt. Pleasant
- Old Trolley Dental – 600 Old Trolley Rd., Summerville
The organization’s diaper collection drives over the last two years brought in over 167,250 diapers for distribution to select community partner organizations. The group hopes to add significantly to that number after this spring’s drive.
“The annual spring collection drive gives JLC an opportunity to spread awareness and educate the Charleston community about this often-overlooked need,” JLC President Beth Bailey said. “Diapers seem small, but these donations can make a big impact on a child and their families. Indeed, one in three families struggle with diaper need. With our Lowcountry community’s continuous donations, support and willingness to help, we can bridge this gap, one diaper at a time.”
The JLC Diaper Bank launched in 2017 as the first of its kind in the area. The organization collects, packages, and works with community partner organizations to distribute diapers to those in need throughout the Lowcountry.
For countless low-income families in the Lowcountry, it is a struggle to provide adequate necessities like diapers for their babies with the average cost of diapers per child approaching $1,250 annually. When families cannot afford diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which can prevent parents from earning income.
To inquire about diaper donations, to get an updated list of collection locations, or to learn how to host your own diaper collection drive with the JLC Diaper Bank, visit jlcharleston.org/diaperbank or contact email@example.com.
Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau Hosting Launch Event on Sunday
The Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau (Gullah CVB) will host their inaugural event on Sunday, December 11th, from 2 pm...