With the 2019 Charleston Wine + Food festival (CHSWFF) just days away, Holy City Sinner decided to share a list of the best events under $100 that still have tickets available.
Hey, we can’t all afford the big ticket events, so below are my top picks for those of us on a tight budget. All descriptions are provided by CHSWFF.
Thursday, March 7th
- Au Naturel
- 11 am to 12:35 pm at Graft Wine Shop
- Award-winning sommelier Jeff Kellogg is helming this workshop where you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of the rising star of the wine world – natural wines. With the swanky Graft Wine Shop serving as homebase, guests will hear about all facets of these varietals while sipping their way through a bevy natural wines
- 7 pm to 10 pm at The Cedar Room
- A line up of talented storytellers will share unique stories all centered around one word – Burned. From slam poetry to uplifting stories from speakers, including Amy Mills, Fawn Weaver and Anita Singleton-Prather, guests will immerse themselves in the worlds of the speakers for a multi-sensory experience. Bites + sips inspired by the night’s theme will be served as guests experience a truly inspiring night
- Hipster Cocktail Party
- 8:30 pm to 11 pm at Lo-Fi Brewing
- Inspired by new + unconventional styles, this late night party is certainly the most ironically themed of this year’s festival. Featuring artisanal cocktails, craft brews, and Instagram-worthy dishes, guests will bring out their inner hipster as the dance the night away to a DJ spinning old-school vinyl.
Friday, March 8th
- Boss Lady
- 10 am to 11:30 am
- To celebrate International Women’s Day, we’re creating a tea room experience of our own and diving head first into the history of suffragists. A panel of female culinary leaders, helmed by James Beard award-winning food editor Hanna Raskin, will explore the stories of Karalee Fallert, Tina Singleton, Germaine Jenkins and Jenny Dorsey + share how they are continuing the legacy of the women who came before them. With a historic tea room serving as the backdrop, guests will enjoy a light lunch + inspired sips as we serve up a little social change with a cup of tea.
Saturday, March 9th
- 10 am to 1 pm at The Schoohouse
- In this brand-new wellness experience, a talented team of wellness experts, including Kathryn Budig, Seamus Mullen, Ellie Richter, Caryn O’Hara, and Liz Moody, are tackling all facets of living a healthy + balanced life. In between each experience, guests will enjoy healthy bites + sips while strolling through a market featuring specially-curated vendors.
- Holi City Shakedown
- 8 pm to 10:30 pm at the Navy Yard Power House
- Charleston Wine + Food is paying homage to the colors + flavors of India and the Holi Festival at this late night bash. Guests will enjoy Indian-inspired cuisine, carefully crafted cocktails, and other beverage offerings as they enjoy our take on the traditional festival that brings people together. To top off the night, we’ll be hosting a color bombing experience of our own as we cap off this celebration.
Sunday, March 10th
- Feed Your [spirit]
- 8 am to 10 am at the Gibbes Museum of Art
- Jennie Broe of Dance Lab is leading a hip hop workout set in one of Charleston’s most visually stunning locations – The Gibbes Museum of Art. This class is equipped with good vibes + awesome music for a heart pumping, soul satisfying great time. Following their dance session, guests will enjoy healthy bites + sips to wrap up an upbeat + energizing morning.
- Southern Renaissance
- 6 pm to 8:30 pm at The Cigar Factory
- The South’s culinary community has seen a resurgence in recent years as a new wave of chefs introduce their takes on traditional southern cuisine. We are welcoming an all-star line up of these talented chefs, including Scott Crawford, Maneet Chauhan, Vivian Howard, Rodney Scott and more, to celebrate the finale of the 14th year of Charleston Wine + Food. Guests will also enjoy the sounds of the South from the award-winning Marshgrass Mamas and artisans + makers who are crafting bespoke items inspired by our beautiful landscape.
Valentine’s Day 2023 Menus, Events, Discounts, and Specials
Looking for some sweet plans for Valentine’s Day? Look below for a list of events, special menus, and more being...