1 cup Riceland Natural Long Grain Brown Rice
2 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup pecan halves
½ cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoons butter
Additional salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, olive oil, salt and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Place pecan halves on a baking sheet and toast 5 to 7 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and toasted. Cool slightly; chop pecans.
- Add toasted pecan halves and cranberries to cooked rice and stir until evenly combined.
- Place butter in a small skillet and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently until butter is browned. Drizzle browned butter over rice mixture and stir to evenly distribute. Season to taste with salt.
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
Charleston County Parks’ Johns Island County Park Concert Series wraps up with its final installment on July 10th. The finale...
Pet Helper’s 17th Annual Fur Ball, “The Wizard of Paws,” to be Held November 6th
“The Celebrity’s Magician” to Perform at Forte Jazz Lounge
Free Car Seat Checkup Event Scheduled for June 12th in North Charleston
Firefly Distillery to Celebrate Independence Day with 2nd Annual Fourth at Firefly Event
North Charleston Announces Return of the City’s 4th of July Event
Cool Down At Handcraft’s Tiki Takeover All Summer Long
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview6 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food6 days ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Resources8 years ago
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks