Now in its 42nd year, The Fall Tours are better than ever with an exciting new program of tours and special events. Experience Charleston’s architecturally significant private houses, intimate gardens, churches, and public buildings as you stroll through the historic streets.
- Curated Tours, Garden Walks and Talks
- New this year is a series of tours that take guests into private gardens rarely open to the public. A professional designer or landscape architect and a horticulturist will lead guests through gardens focusing on the challenges and triumphs of gardening in the Lowcountry.
- Four for $40
- On various days, we are offering abbreviated tours of houses and gardens. Several of these tours will focus on a specific street or neighborhood while others will spotlight various aspects of life in Charleston. Each tour will include four private properties
- Photography Walkabout and Workshop
- Richard D. Spencer has studied the City and learned the best times to photograph the many architectural elements and details in the historic district. He will share his tips and techniques each Friday morning on a walkabout. Photographers of all levels are welcome
- Traditional House and Garden Tour
- On various Fridays and Saturdays in October, the Preservation Society offers traditional house and garden tours. These self-guided tours allow guests to go inside some of the City’s most exquisite private houses and gardens. Each tour is unique and will feature 7-8 private properties.
- Guided Walking Tours
- These tours offer the very best of this old historic City you can only get on foot. The facts about the architecture and the craftsmanship of its natives are interesting, of course, but more than that are the stories of Charleston’s people who created history, which will fascinate you. Choose from Invention of Wings, Ironwork of Charleston, and ABCs of Architecture Tours.
Over the past several years, the Preservation Society of Charleston has refined its focus and reduced the footprint of The Fall Tours. This allows them to offer a higher quality and more intimate, educational experience while reducing the impacts on the very resources we work to protect.
The Fall Tours celebrate what makes Charleston special and serves as the Society’s foremost annual fundraiser.
Limited tickets available and advance reservations are recommended. For more information on all tours and to purchase tickets, visit preservationsociety.org or call 1-800-514-3849.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks