82 Queen will celebrate 36 years in Charleston on Wednesday, July 18th, with a lively courtyard Garden Party from 6 pm to 10 pm. The restaurant invites the public to celebrate the milestone with live jazz, beer and wine, and a selection of their classic Southern hors d’oeuvres.
“Thirty six years is a tremendous accomplishment in any town, but particularly in a competitive culinary industry like Charleston,” Queen Street Hospitality CEO Jonathan Kish said via a press release. “We’re humbled to have reached this milestone, and thrilled to invite those who have helped make it all possible to join us in celebrating!”
The $99 a person ticket includes:
- Unlimited select beer and wine options
- Passed hors d’oeuvres like crab cakes and fried green tomato bites, shrimp and grits, Caprese kabobs, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, brie and cranberry phyllo cups, and more
- Passed desserts including bread pudding bites, mini pecan pies, and key lime pie bars
- A glass of champagne at the door
- 82 Queen’s entire cocktail menu will also be available at a cash bar
- The Lyndsey Moynihan Trio, a three-piece jazz band, will be playing live music in the Queen’s Courtyard
Ten dollars of each ticket sold will benefit the Goodwill Culinary Kickstart program, an organization that gives hands-on training and free courses to help open doors and provide opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in the culinary industry. 82 Queen has long been a supporter of the Culinary Kickstart program, hosting many of the program’s students as interns, often times leading to full-time jobs at 82 Queen.
Tickets, which include tax and gratuity, will be available for same day purchase. Tickets bought at the door on the day of the event will be $20 more. To buy tickets, click here.
2022 World Cup Watching Parties in Charleston
The FIFA World Cup, one of the globe’s biggest sporting events, is now underway in Qatar and many Charlestonians may...