Garden & Gun announced Thursday the kickoff of its 9th annual Made in the South Awards with the official call for product entries in six categories – Food, Drink, Home, Style, Crafts, and Outdoors. The overall winner will receive a $10,000 cash prize and, along with all category winners and runners-up, will be prominently featured in the magazine’s December 2018/January 2019 issue.
Garden & Gun created the Made in the South Awards in 2010 to celebrate and encourage Southern craftsmanship, and to recognize the best available Southern-made products.
The 2018 Made in the South Awards judges are:
- Asha Gomez (Atlanta, GA), restaurateur, award-winning chef, author of best-selling cookbook My Two Souths, and founder of lifestyle brand DYAD Tea & Spice (Food)
- Miles Macquarrie (Decatur, GA), beverage director and co-owner of Kimball House (Drink)
- Bobby McAlpine (Montgomery, AL), tastemaker, architect, furniture designer, and founder of architect and interior design firm McALPINE; McAlpine is also author or co-author of three best-selling books, The Home Within Us, Art of the House, and Poetry of Place (Home)
- Stacy Smallwood (Charleston, SC), tastemaker and owner of Hampden—a high-end women’s designer clothing and accessories boutique located in downtown Charleston (Style)
- Anna Bond (Winter Park, FL), illustrator and co-owner of Rifle Paper Co.—an international stationery and gift brand (Crafts)
- T. Edward Nickens (Raleigh, NC), award-winning author, journalist, on-camera host, scriptwriter, and outdoorsman (Outdoors)
All Southern artisans or businesses with a product in one of the six categories (Food, Drink, Home, Style, Crafts, and Outdoors) that will be available for sale through January 2019 may apply. For entry forms, category descriptions, and rules, visit madeinthesouthawards.com. The entry fee for submissions is $75, and entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm ET on July 2, 2018. Winners will be publicly announced in the December 2018/January 2019 issue of Garden & Gun, which will hit newsstands in November 2018.
ZZ Top Returns to the North Charleston PAC in September
Rock & Roll Hall of Famers ZZ Top will perform at the North Charleston Coliseum on September 28th. In 1969,...
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
BCLS Hosts a Variety of Children’s Virtual Programs for Summer 2021
Fetter Health Care Network extends COVID-19 vaccine clinics into July
High Tide Music Festival Coming to Riverfront Park this September
UPDATE: Suds + Spuds Fundraising Event Postponed to the Fall
The Charleston Forum Kicks Off 5th Annual Events this Month
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks