From Saturday, April 21st through Saturday, April 28th, the Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank will host a diaper collection drive to collect diapers and monetary donations. The Junior League of Charleston (JLC), in conjunction with Global Youth Service Day, will have local drop-off locations throughout the community.
Community Drop-off locations for the 2018 Diaper Drive include:
- Mount Pleasant Regional Library – All of April during business hours
- Skyzone Mount Pleasant – April 21-28 during business hours
- Golds Gym James Island – April 21-28 during business hours
- Harris Teeter Village Point – Saturday, April 21 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Harris Teeter Wescott – Sunday, April 22 from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- CresCom Bank Locations during normal business hours:
- West Ashley, Downtown, James Island, Cane Bay, Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, North Charleston
Through these drives, the JLC collects, packages, and works with community partner organizations to distribute diapers to those in need throughout the Lowcountry. Click here for more information.
For countless low-income families in South Carolina, it is a struggle to provide adequate necessities like diapers for their babies with an average cost of diapers climbing to $1,250 or more a year. Without diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which may prevent parents from making an income. Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs, and without this financial assistance, babies are left in their diapers longer, leading to severe diaper rash that could lead to other medical problems.
You can also donate money to the Diaper Bank here.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...