Downtown restaurant 1KEPT will host the James Beard Foundation’s Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner on April 26th at 6:00 pm. As 1KEPT originated in Atlanta, the “Road to Charleston” dinner will feature renowned chefs from both the Holy City and Atlanta.
The participating chefs will curate a multi-course meal highlighting the bounty and culinary heritage of Georgia and South Carolina. Tickets can be purchased for $200 by visiting Eventbrite or the James Beard Foundation website. Proceeds benefit the James Beard Foundation.
The Celebrity Chef Tour highlights the culinary talent of some of the best chefs in the country, giving attendees the unique opportunity to experience and interact with these renowned chefs under one roof.
Thaddeus Keefe, founder of 1KEPT, Executive Chef Trey Dutton, and 1KEPT’s corporate chef Charity Everett will join forces with participating chefs for the dinner, highlighting 1KEPT’s New South cuisine.
Participating chefs include:
- Philippe Haddad, Cape Dutch
- Since 2015, Atlanta’s Cape Dutch has perfected modern, international cuisine influenced by South Africa’s wine country. Chef Haddad has created signature international dishes using an open-faced grill and strong European techniques.
- Jarrett Stieber, Eat Me Speak Me
- Eat Me Speak Me, the renowned Atlanta pop-up, allows guests to experience high-quality ingredients without the exclusivity or price, referring to their food as “Michelin Tire Dining.” Stieber worked at Atlanta staples Pura Vida and Restaurant Eugene before opening Eat Me Speak Me in 2013. He was a semi-finalist for James Beard Rising Star of the Year in 2016.
- Cynthia Wong, Butcher & Bee
- The Butcher & Bee is Charleston’s leader in local and sustainable food, crafting their menu around simple, quality ingredients. Wong is a four-time James Beard Foundation Award Semi-Finalist for Outstanding Pastry Chef and uses her expertise to develop the beloved artisanal breads and pastries at Butcher & Bee.
- Josh Keeler, 492
- 492, located on Charleston’s historic Upper King Street, is a sophisticated eatery that crafts dishes around the product, rather than the technique. Executive Chef Josh Keeler has appeared on the James Beard Foundation’s list of Best Chef: Southeast nominees three times.
- Nick Leahy, Saltyard
- Saltyard is Atlanta’s premiere eatery for family style small-plate dining, featuring flavors from diverse cuisines. Executive Chef and Partner Nick Leahy is renowned for his expertise in creating seasonal dishes with international flavors, while sourcing ingredients from local farmers and artisanal purveyors in Atlanta.
- Bob Cook, Edmund’s Oast
- Edmund’s Oast Executive Chef Bob Cook has created a distinctively dynamic menu that includes bar snacks, house made charcuterie, small plates, heartier entrées, and classic desserts with a contemporary spin. The food is authentic without pretention, delivering an extraordinary dining experience inspired by the beverages featured on the men
1KEPT is located at 68 Wentworth Street.
Charleston Wine + Food Launches 2023 Schedule on New App
Press Release The Charleston Wine + Food Festival (CHSWF) today announced the 2023 programming via the festival’s app, giving guests...