Prudential Financial is partnering with Palmetto Warrior Connection and the College of Charleston to offer a free, three day hiring and career readiness event to Lowcountry military members, veterans and their family members. The event will take place April 2, 3 and 4 at the College of Charleston, North Campus in North Charleston.
“It’s exciting to see how this program has grown in the last three years by collaborating with strong local partners like Palmetto Warrior and the College of Charleston,” said Cathy Christian, a former Air Force Captain and current VP of Enterprise Services and Systems at Prudential Financial. “Our local partners share our commitment to veterans and have embraced this annual effort to help transitioning servicemen and women. Together, we are reaching more people each year by helping veterans connect and translate their military experience to meet the needs of civilian jobs.”
The events scheduled will provide participants with networking opportunities, employment readiness workshops and job placements through an on-site hiring event:
- Networking Event: Monday, April 2 at 6 p.m. Military, veterans and their family members are invited to attend a networking preparation workshop followed by a networking event. Participants will learn basic networking techniques designed to help build professional relationships. Directly following the workshop, participants will be given the opportunity to implement their newly developed skills in a real-world networking environment. The event will provide an opportunity for job seekers to meet participating employers who will be hiring at the April 4 event.
- Career Readiness Workshops: Tuesday, April 3 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. – Five (5) modules will be offered to participating military members, veterans and their family members. Each course will focus on different topics necessary for participants to successfully obtain and excel in a career; including professional branding through social media, dressing for success, letter and resume development, federal resume building, interview preparation and coaching. Optional one-on-one career coaching will also be available.
- Hiring Event. Wednesday, April 4 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. – The program will conclude with a hiring event. Participants will have an opportunity to interview with more than 25 local employers looking to hire military members, veterans and their family members. Each participating employer understands the importance of supporting our military members and veterans and is committed to helping them achieve success and self-sustainability.
This is a press release
Volunteers Needed: Going Places to Give 390 Custom Bikes, locks, Helmets to Disadvantaged Kid
Local nonprofit Going Places will be surprising all 390 children that attend Lambs Elementary with a new, custom bike on...
The Wonderer to Host Dia De Los Muertos Party featuring The Knocks
Ugly Sweater 5K Dash Scheduled for December 11th in Summerville
Keegan-Filion Farm to Host Open House in November
Preservation Society of Charleston’s Fall Tours Shares This Week’s Lineup Highlights
Local Mentoring Program Hosts Event to Help Parents Talk to Kids About Sex Effectively
WaterFest, Benefiting Water Mission, to be held on Daniel Island Next Month
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie