All Holy City puppies are invited to the annual Pet Fest at the Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park on Sunday, March 25th from 11 am to 5 pm.
Every year, Pet Fest provides pet lovers, organizations and businesses with the opportunity to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, animal-friendly environment. This event encourages participants to bring their leashed pets to join in on the fun. Don’t have a pet? Visit the Charleston Animal Society or any of the other rescue groups on site to find your new best friend!
The festival boasts a day full of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, contests, adoptable pets and more. Some examples include:
- K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs
- Dock Diving (weather permitting)
- Agility Course show (12 pm, 2 pm, and 4 pm)
- Live music by Jaykob Kendrick Band from 3 pm to 5 pm
- Lowcountry Dog Magazine’s Cover Model Contest
- Charleston Kennel Club’s “Meet the Breed” Family Dog Show (1 p.m.)
- STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
- Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume, at 12 pm and 2 pm
- Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
- Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
- Nutrition, education and training tents
- Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
- Children’s activities, including jump castles
- Food, beverages and beer for sale
- Canine Good Citizens Test and Canine Community Test – see if your dog is ready for certification
- Dog washing station (with a $5 donation)
Pet Fest attendees who adopt a pet from the Charleston Animal Society at the event will receive an individual annual park pass to one of Charleston County Parks (value $30). To view adoptable pets, visit CharlestonAnimalSociety.org.
Admission to Pet Fest is $8. Admission is discounted to $5 per person with pet food or supply donation to the Charleston Animal Society. Kids 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders, and pets are free.
Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Carpooling to Palmetto Islands County Park is encouraged. Owned and managed by the Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission (CCPRC), Palmetto Islands County Park is located at 444 Needlerush Parkway in Mount Pleasant.
For more information, visit the official website.
Comedian Nate Bargatze Coming to the North Charleston PAC in May
Comedian Nate Bargatze will bring his “The Be Funny Tour” to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Saturday, May...