Charleston County will host two meetings to connect Charleston County residents with training ahead of the Mercedes-Benz Vans plant expansion opening in the second half of 2018. The meetings are for residents of Charleston County. Manufacturing experience is not required to attend the pre-employment information meetings.
The first meeting will be Thursday, January 18th at North Charleston High School, located at 1087 East Montague Avenue. Doors open at 5 pm and the session will begin promptly at 6 pm. Registration is required and space is limited. All information can be found at www.ChooseCharleston.org.
The second meeting will be held Saturday, January 20th at St. John’s High School, located at 1518 Main Road in Johns Island. Doors open at 9 am and the session will begin promptly at 10 am. Registration is required and space is limited. All information can be found at www.ChooseCharleston.org.
- The Carolina Girl luxury yacht is relocating to St. John’s Yacht Harbor from the Ripley Light Yacht Club. To see her new home, watch this video showing aerial views of St. John’s Yacht Harbor. To book an event on The Carolina Girl or for further information, visit www.carolinagirlevents.
com or call 843.818.2495.
- The Charleston Symphony Orchestra (CSO) has acquired the Charleston Symphony Youth Orchestra (CSYO), making the CSYO a division of the CSO’s core education programs. The CSO will immediately begin a search for an Assistant Conductor, who will also serve as the conductor of the CSYO.
Over 70 students ages 13-18 are participating in the CSYO this season, representing 20 schools and four counties. The CSO hopes to grow the program in future seasons to serve even more students throughout the Lowcountry.Auditions for Assistant Conductor will be held in Charleston on April 8 and 9, 2018. Interested candidates should visit www.charlestonsymphony.org for more information. Application deadline is February 23, 2018.
- Palmetto Moon, the Southern lifestyle retail chain based in Charleston, announced that Chief Executive Officer Eric Holzer has voluntarily decided to step away from the position and that his successor will be Adam Stone, former CEO of children’s apparel specialty retailer Hanna Andersson.
- Crescent Homes’ inaugural year of the GIVE philanthropy program came to a successful close after a strong fourth quarter. In the final quarter of 2017, the company donated a total of $20,750 to the following Charleston organizations:
- $5,000 to the Birthdays for All
- $3,200 to the Boy Scouts of America
- $3,500 to Charleston Waterkeeper
- $4,050 to Lowcountry Orphan Relief
- $5,000 to East Cooper Meals on Wheels
- LimRic Plumbing, Heating & Air announced today the purchase of Charleston-based Air Plus Heating & Air. The two companies will operate under the LimRic name.
Valentine’s Day 2023 Menus, Events, Discounts, and Specials
Looking for some sweet plans for Valentine’s Day? Look below for a list of events, special menus, and more being...