I hope everyone stays warm and safe during this cold snap and expected snow/ice storm. To help ease all of your minds, I’m sharing some cold weather safety tips and information!
First, is the Charleston Police Department’s helpful (and potentially life-saving) safety tips (click to enlarge):
Second, SCE&G is announced tips on how you can reduce demands on our electrical system:
- Turn off all but essential internal and external lights
- Unplug non-essential appliances and devices
- Set thermostats to 68 degrees or lower
- Ensure HVAC vents are open and unobstructed
- Limit the use of major power-consuming equipment such as dishwashers, washers and dryers.
Lastly, please bring in your pets!
Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau Hosting Launch Event on Sunday
The Gullah Convention & Visitors Bureau (Gullah CVB) will host their inaugural event on Sunday, December 11th, from 2 pm...