The three-day conference will feature the following local and national guest speakers:
- Joe Garner is the star of the film Craigslist Joe and co-produced the film with Zack Galifinakis. Joe currently works for Bradley Cooper and will speak at the conference, screen his film, and do a Q&A with the public Monday evening. Movie screening and dinner sponsored by Basic Kitchen.
- Jacob Lindsey is the director of the department of Planning, Preservation and Sustainability for the City of Charleston. His work includes design for public and private clients, with scales varying from individual buildings to entire new towns. Over the past 10 years, his work has been recognized and internationally published. He also holds a teaching position at the Clemson School of Architecture.
- Karalee Fallert, known as one of the most prolific and progressive restaurateurs in Charleston, SC, has been the driving force behind many of the city’s most popular restaurants for 17 years. In 2015 she was named one of Charlie Magazine’s “50 Most Progressive People” and the Charleston Regional Business Journal named her one of the top “40 Under 40”.
Other speakers include:
- Riq Lima- CEO and co-founder of Worldpackers
- Jim Kennet- Board of Directors for Hosteling International
- Courtney Loechi- editor of Hostelmanagement.com
- Kevin High- CEO, VROOMRes
- Ronii Bartles- Owner of Bartles & Associates Operations Marketing
- Rachel Davis- Partner at Matchstick Social
- Alissa Bankowski- Brand Manager at Bibliolabs
- Joseph Do- former software engineer for MIT & The New York Times, now owner of Providence Hostel
The second day of the conference will be open to the public and will feature presentations and workshops focused on best business practices such as: branding, social media marketing, triple bottom line economics, green business practices, mission and vision, website design and heat maps as well as a presentation and panel discussion on Airbnb.
Learn more about the conference and the speakers at https://www.americanhostelconference.com/
Nighttime at the Museum Returns to The Charleston Museum
The Charleston Museum is bringing back the popular after-hours event Nighttime at the Museum. On Friday, June 3rd, attendees of...