As a gift to the community, Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary is offering its Third Annual 30 Day Meditation Challenge – a free, daily email during the month of November with brief, recorded meditations, health tips, recipes, yoga, art, and more to help participants slow down, calm their nervous systems, and find more peace and joy in their day to day.
Meditation is not just about sitting quietly for a few minutes each day. It’s an opportunity to enrich your physical, emotional, and mental health. Meditation and stress reduction have been shown to offer the following benefits:
- decrease cortisol levels – the body’s stress response
- strengthen your immune system
- rejuvenate your adrenals
- lower high blood pressure
- enrich fertility
- calm autoimmune flare-ups
- reduce inflammation
- soothe digestion
- improve mental clarity and decrease mental chatter
- enhance emotional balance
- create greater awareness, mindfulness, calm and gratitude
Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary is excited to offer this resource to the community. They have invited several of our inspiring friends to help us bring gratitude, grace and ease to your inbox:
- Josephine Spilka – Meditation Teacher at the Shambala Center in Asheville, NC, Acupuncturist, and Founder of Essence Presence
- Stephanie Burg – Holistic Health Coach and former professional ballerina
- Caryn Antos O’Hara – Ayurveda Health Coach, yoga teacher and colon cancer survivor
- Vikki Matsis – President and Co-Founder of Ohm Radio, yoga teacher, author and manager at the NotSo Hostel
- Leah Suarez – Musician, jazz singer, producer, founding member of Jazz Artists of Charleston
- Nick Jenkins – Musician extraordinaire, artist, creator, Renaissance man
- Holly Thorpe – Owner of Wildcraft and skincare afficionado
- Andrea Schenck – Co-Founder and Managing Principal of Pacifica Human Communications, LLC, Board Member of Lowcountry Local First and Enough Pie
- Alison Sher – writer for the Huffington Post, bestchefsamerica.com, journaltosaveyourlife.org and more
- Caroline Wyrosdick-Webb – Life and Relationship Coach based in Asheville, NC
- Lisa Abernathy – Acupuncturist, herbalist, artist, and founder and co-owner of Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary
- Lauren Becker – Acupuncturist, herbalist and co-owner at Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary
- Ashlee Dixon – Acupuncturist, herbalist, massage therapist and yoga teacher at Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary
- Cythera Wilkerson – Acupuncturist and herbalist at Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary
- and many more healing and supportive professionals
Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary is a Classical Chinese acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic in downtown Charleston. It is staffed by licensed acupuncturists who completed four-year Master’s Degree programs that included 2-year, 800-hour clinical internships. Practitioners Lisa Abernathy, Lauren Becker, Ashlee Dixon and Cythera Wilkerson take a holistic approach to treating a wide variety of conditions. The clinic helps patients meet their health goals with acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional counseling, Chinese massage, essential oils and collaborations with other healthcare providers.
Want to participate in the 30 Day Meditation Challenge? Sign up at Blue Heron Acupuncture & Apothecary’s website: www.blueheroncharleston.com/meditation. The challenge is free.
Homegrown Holiday Bazaar Scheduled for December 3rd
The ninth annual Homegrown Holiday Bazaar will be held Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 at Johns Island County Park (2662 Mullet...