Riders will now have access to real-time predictions, trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders.
For riders without smart phones or Internet service, CARTA also introduced a new SMS texting and phone service. Customers can call or text (843) 202-4410 and provide the stop number of their choice, which can be found on signs at bus stops or online here. An automated system will then relay the next two real-time arrivals for each route servicing the selected stop.
Some of the features of “Transit” include:
- Know when the next bus is arriving with real-time predictions
- Plan A-to-B trips
- See exactly where buses are on the map in real-time
- Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when on an unfamiliar route
- Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride
Click here to see the Transit 101 document on usage of the app.
Islander 71 to Host “Champagne & Pearls” on December 10th
On Saturday, December 10th, Islander 71, a restaurant on Isle of Palms, will host “Champagne & Pearls,” an oyster roast...