Mexican acoustic rock-maestros Rodrigo y Gabriela are set to perform at Charleston’s Gaillard Center on Tuesday, November 21st at 7:30 pm. The show is part of their tour celebrating the tenth anniversary re-release of their self-titled break-out album.
The global success of that debut record, together with constant touring, established the duo as one of the most popular acoustic instrumental artists in the world.
Since the release of that debut album 10 years ago, Rodrigo y Gabriela have accomplished the following:
- Sold over 5 million albums worldwide
- NAACP Nomination for Outstanding World Music Album
- 2010 Performance at the White House for President Obama
- Sold out shows at legendary venues including: the Hollywood Bowl, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Le Zenith, and Royal Albert Hall
- Contributions on multiple
- Appearances on: Late Night with David Letterman, Jools Holland, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, BBC TV @Glastonbury.
The re-release of Rodrigo y Gabriela includes the newly remastered album, plus two bonus tracks, a live album, and DVD recorded at The Olympia Theatre in Dublin in 2006.
Tickets for the Charleston concert are on sale now. They can be purchased by phone at (843) 242-3099, online at www.gaillardcenter.org, or in person at the ticket office – 95 Calhoun Street.
Alabama’s 50th Anniversary Tour Coming to the North Charleston Coliseum
Multi-platinum selling country rock group Alabama announced they will be bringing their “50th Anniversary Tour” to the North Charleston Coliseum...
Gaillard Center Announces L.O.L. Surprise! Live
Mitchell Hill Celebrates Photography By Tyler Hill with the Opening of “More Together Than Alone”
Charleston Beer Week Set to Return in October
“Whose Line Is It Anyway?” Stars to Perform at the Music Hall
Party at the Point Returns Next Month
Johns Island County Park Concert Series to Features Motown Tunes from The Legacy
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Food1 week ago
Smoky Oak Taproom Closing After 13 Years on James Island
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks