Although I will do my best to pass along relevant and accurate information, be sure to follow local/national media and local government too. They are professionals and will have the best possible information.
- Flood Warning in effect for Charleston and Dorchester counties until 10:00 AM on Tuesday
- Due to ongoing power outages, there will be a curfew on Folly Beach Monday from 10 pm until 6 am
- You can see city of Charleston road closures here.
- Charleston County has shelters open at 3765 Leeds Avenue (accepts pets) and 3841 Leeds Avenue (this shelter will NOT accept pets)
- Pick-up locations are listed in Charleston County’s 2017 Hurricane Guide. Those seeking shelter need to bring pillows, blankets, medications, and entertainment for children. The shelter will accommodate pets, however please bring crates, food, and any other pet needs. For specific questions about special media needs contact DHEC: 1-800-578-2031.
- The Charleston County Citizen’s Information line is active 24/7.
- Dorchester County has moves to OPCON 1
- A pet friendly shelter is open at DuBose Middle School, 1005 DuBose School Road, Summerville
- Citizens Call Center is open: (843) 832-0393 and/or (843) 563-0393
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...