The Junior League of Charleston (JLC) recently announced the creation of the JLC Diaper Bank. The organization will collect, package, and work with community partners to distribute these overlooked necessities to families in need.
JLC will hold a kick-off drive to collect disposable diapers and monetary donations from August 5th to August 11th. Volunteers will be stationed at the following local Harris Teeter locations:
- August 5th (9 am – 5 pm): 675 Folly Rd and 9500 Wescott Blvd
- August 6 (11 am – 3 pm): 675 Folly Rd, 9500 Wescott Blvd, 620 Long Point Rd, and 975 Savannah Hwy
In addition, diapers can be dropped off at these businesses:
- August 5th to 11th: Bring in a diaper donation to The Barre Code and receive a free barre class!
- August 7th to 11th: Drop-off donations at Charleston area First Citizens Banks between 9 am and 6 pm.
- The JLC office at 51 Folly Road between 8 am and 4 pm
If you are unable to physically donate diapers, you can donate through the JLC’s Amazon Wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/gp/
For low-income families in South Carolina, having enough diapers is a constant struggle. Without diapers, children cannot attend daycare, which may prevent parents from making an income. Diapers are not funded by WIC and SNAP programs, and without this financial assistance, babies are left in their diapers longer, leading to severe diaper rash that could lead to other medical problems.
The Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank was developed to fill the gap of this overlooked need in the community. The Junior League of Charleston Diaper Bank will collect, package and work with partner organizations to distribute diapers to those in need throughout the Lowcountry.
You can learn more about the diaper bank by clicking here.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...