Tickets for the 47th Annual Sertoma Football Classic, the official kick off event for high school football in the Lowcountry, are now on sale. This year’s event will be held on Thursday, August 10th and Friday, August 11th at Johnson Hagood Stadium.
Tickets ($12) are available via local participating high school cheerleading teams and online at CharlestonSertoma.org. Not only are cheerleading teams the main ticket sales outlet for this event, one dollar from each ticket they sell goes back to their high school cheerleading and football teams.
The teams will be picking up their tickets from local Hendrick Automotive Group dealerships throughout the Lowcountry from July 14th through July 21st during scheduled times. Follow the 47th Annual Hendrick Charleston Sertoma Football Classic on social media for locations and times of ticket pick-up by using the hashtag #HendrickSertoma.
Last year, the proceeds from the Classic allowed the Sertoma Club of Charleston to award more than $90,000 to local charities and high schools that participated in the event. Those charities receiving financial awards have been chosen by the Sertoma Club of Charleston because they serve children and families throughout the Tri-county area. A list of charities are available online at CharlestonSertoma.org.
The 2017 Hendrick Charleston Sertoma Football Classic Match-ups:
Thursday, August 10, 2017
- North Charleston vs. Northwood Academy: 2 quarters
- Cane Bay vs. St. John’s: 2 quarters
- First Baptist vs. Military Magnet: 1 quarter
- Palmetto Christian Academy vs. Military Magnet: 1 quarter
- Oceanside Collegiate vs. Timberland: 2 quarters
- West Ashley vs. Stall: 2 quarters
Friday, August 11, 2017
- Burke vs. Charleston School of Math & Science: 2 quarters
- Pinewood Prep vs. Garrett: 2 quarters
- Stratford vs. Baptist Hill: 2 quarters
- Porter Gaud vs. Academic Magnet: 2 quarters
- Bishop England vs. Goose Creek: 2 quarters
Gates for the event will open at 4:00 pm and kick off is at 5:00 pm.
Life Raft Treats Partnering with Local Businesses for Sundae Social on October 2nd
Life Raft Treats, the local ice cream and sweets business from Cynthia Wong, is partnering with some other Charleston area...