The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center’s (DNCAC) mission is to prevent abuse, protect children, and heal families. When a parent or guardian suspect their child may be a victim of abuse or trauma, the Center is there to help. The Center’s level of care is so effective that more than 90 percent of children show no clinically significant trauma symptoms after treatment.
Path to healing:
- At the first sign of abuse, you can receive advice by calling 843-723-3600
- To establish a clear record of the concern, an interview with your child by one of DNCAC’s specially-trained professionals may take place.
- Your child may receive a medical examination at the Center by a pediatric specialist from MUSC that helps assure your child, and you, that their body is okay.
- If further assessment is recommended, you and your child meet with staff at the Center to see what, if any, treatment is needed.
- Children and parents meet with therapists one-on-one to discuss a treatment plan.
- Tailored treatments have been proven to reduce a child’s symptoms and typically last between 10 and 25 sessions.
Children can and do heal from abuse and trauma. After treatment, a healed child is ready to get back to being a kid. The Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center is proud to have helped more than 26,000 Lowcountry children since opening in 1991.
Harvest Festival Returns to Johns Island County Park on November 6th
Join Charleston County Parks next month for a celebration of all things fall! The Harvest Festival is set for Saturday,...
North Charleston PAC to Host An Evening With Chevy Chase Following a Screening of “Christmas Vacation”
YWCA Greater Charleston’s #WhatWomenBring Event To Honor Ten Women Leaders from Nine Industries
High Wire Distilling Co. to Host Release Party for Benton’s Smoked Jimmy Red Corn Whiskey
Kiawah River’s Fall Field Day and Run Like the Devil 5K Set for 10/23
Trick and Treat at Carolina Ice Palace’s Spooktacular Halloween Party
The Original Pub & Brewery Tours of Charleston’s Haunted Halloween Pub Crawl is Back
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Events2 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Weekend Preview11 hours ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News1 week ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie