As you can imagine, Holy City Sinner gets inundated with press releases and information – especially from the food and beverage community. I created the “Leftovers” series to ensure I could share as much food and bev news as possible.
- AFROHEAD Rum, once only available in the small Bahamian island of Harbour Island, the product is now made its way to Charleston. It can be found at Bottles in Mt. Pleasant and Venning Liquor & Spirits in North Charleston. It’s also available in cocktails at The Gin Joint. Click here for more information.
- Brandon Plyler, beer buyer and beer educator for Edmund’s Oast and Edmund’s Oast Exchange, passed the Advanced Cicerone certification program becoming the first person in the state of South Carolina to do so. The Advanced Cicerone is the third level of certification in the Cicerone Certification Program and requires extensive beer knowledge and expertise. Preparation for the testing requires several years of studying, tasting, and experience working in the beer industry.
- Queology BBQ is offering their award-winning wings free for a year. Named after famed photojournalist Quintin Washington, those joining Quintin’s Wing Club are automatically entered to win FREE wings for a year. One lucky winner will be randomly drawn each week. To join, text “BestWings” to 31996.
- On 6/1, Hall’s Chophouse will host a Small Business Lunch with Mayor Joe Riley. Click here for tickets.
- Come together on Saturday, June 17th for a special tribute to The Beatles at Fill Restaurant & Piano Bar. Enjoy two dueling piano shows celebrating all the best from The Fab Four. Dinner and Bar Packages are available to purchase online for the night. More info and to purchase tickets, visit: http://fillbar.com/upcoming-special-events or call 843-800-3042.
- On 6/8, High Cotton hosts a lunch with New York Times Bestselling Author Lisa Wingate. Click here for tickets.
- Join Mex 1 on Sullivan’s Island and Carolina Surf Brand for a free screening of the 1964 classic movie, The Endless Summer on Sunday, June 4th. The party will be from 7-10 pm and the movie will start at 8 pm. There will be drink specials all night featuring the Endless Summer Rum with one dollar from every drink sold throughout the night going to local non-profit organization, Warrior Surf Foundation. More info: facebook.com/events/1441
- Starting June 1st to August 31st, head to SOL Southwest Kitchen & Tequila Bar in Mt. Pleasant and Summerville every Thursday for the the their Tequila Thursday celebration. Enjoy featured tequila cocktails, tequila flight specials, and more. Plus, a different aged tequila will be featured each week with experts on hand offering samples and education. Next Thursday, June 1st, guests can enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to the Carolina Country Music Fest in Myrtle Beach (at both locations).
- Celebrate 25 years of Sticky Fingers with their award-winning ribs and hickory-smoked wings tossed in Sticky’s signature Carolina Sweet Sauce. This Rib & Wing combo is available for a limited time at all area locations (Mt Pleasant, Summerville, Downtown Charleston).
Moe’s Southwest Grill in Summerville Hosting Holiday Fiesta Benefiting Families in Need
On Thursday, December 8th, Moe’s Southwest Grill in Summerville will host a holiday fiesta while also giving back to families...