On Wednesday, June 7th, Fish’s executive chef David Schuttenberg will host mentor and James Beard Award-winning chef Zak Pelaccio for “Fish & Game,” a takeover dinner service. The event runs from 5:30 pm to 10 pm.
The one-night takeover features Pelaccio’s innovative and ingredient-driven cuisine that has shaped his popular Hudson Valley restaurant – also called Fish & Game. The chef was named James Beard Best Chef: Northeast in 2016.
The Charleston restaurant takeover also celebrates the release of Pelaccio’s new book Project 258: Making Dinner at Fish & Game – a collaboration with writer-photographer Peter Barrett documenting the first three years at the restaurant.
The restaurant provided the following “working” dinner menu, meaning it is subject to change based on product availability:
- Grilled Bread: Smoked eggplant puree, salted chilies
- Melon Salad: kimchi vinaigrette, cucumber, basil, mint
- Corn: corn cream, charred okra, fino verde (or fresh epazote), garlic, shallot, chili, LJA vinegar
- Snap Beans: Pantescan pesto (almonds, tomato, mint, garlic, VERY GOOD olive oil, LJA vinegar)
- New Potatoes: Winnemere (jasper farm cow’s milk cheese), black pepper “mulligatawny” (mignonette black pepper, brunoise garlic, tamarind, vinegar, salt)
- Grilled Squid: Carolina rice, seaweed, country ham, zucchini matchstick, garlic matchstick, lemon zest
- Carolina Shrimp: tomatillo and pepper assam, stone fruit, cucumber, marjoram
- Roasted Chicken (1/2 bird): chanterelles, English peas, cream, vin jaune, chervil (sauce is reduced chicken stock, onions, garlic, white pepper, coriander…strained, finished with cream and vin jaune – savignin aged for 6 years under flor
- Smoked Lamb Shoulder: yogurt, garlic, pink peppercorns
Fish is located at 442 King Street. For reservations, visit fishrestaurantcharleston.com or call 843-722-3474.
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...