Limehouse Produce has announced the winners of the fourth annual “Berry Creative” Strawberry Campaign. The project consisted of area elementary schools submitting recipes, drawings, artwork, or stories showcasing strawberries.
Here are this year’s winners:
- 2017 Grand Prize Winner: Mary Ford Elementary, Charlene Barbot, lead teacher
- Best Art Work & Essays Project: Minnie Hughes Elementary: Doreen Bell-Campbell, lead teacher
- Best Recipe Project: St. Andrews Math & Science Elementary: Pritchet Gibbs, lead teacher
- Best Curriculum Project: Murray-Lasaine Elementary School, Amy Barrows, lead teacher
- Best Agricultural Project: Stiles Point Elementary: Lauren Sayle and Megan Currin, lead teachers
As the overall winner, Mary Ford Elementary will receive the Grand Prize of 50 pounds of local strawberries, a special trophy, and a party with King of Pops. The four other winners will receive a trophy and 10 lbs. of strawberries.
All students that entered the competition will receive strawberries for their class to enjoy. The Charleston County Library Main Branch has a special display showcasing some of the participating schools’ entries.
To learn more about the “Berry Creative” Strawberry Campaign, visit www.limehouseproduce.com.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...