The South Carolina Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Care Center will hold its first public release of 2017 on Wednesday, May 10th at the Isle of Palms County Park. The event begins at 4 pm.
As usual, the public is invited to attend the event. Although viewing the release is free, attendees should plan to pay for parking. The Aquarium will also broadcast the event on Facebook Live. This time around, two different sea turtles will be returned to the ocean. Here’s a look at each (click on their names to learn more):
- Green Sea Turtle (juvenile)
- Recovered at Shelter Cove on Hilton Head Island with a missing left rear flipper
- Turtle was also dehydrated and had some other issues
- Sully (pictured on the right)
- Recovered on June 27, 2016 from Sullivan’s Island after becoming trapped behind a rock wall
- She had debilitated turtle syndrome
- She was emaciated, covered in barnacles, and minimally responsive
- Blood work revealed anemia, low blood proteins, and a low blood glucose
You can learn more about the turtles by watching the video at the conclusion of this post. To learn more about the South Carolina Aquarium’s Sea Turtle Care Center and Rescue Program, visit their official website.
Maya to Host “All About Agave Tequila Tasting” on 2/8
Downtown restaurant Maya is hosting an “All About Agave Tequila Tasting” on Wednesday, February 8th. The event will take place...