Middleton Place Restaurant to Host First-Ever Oyster Roast
On Saturday, February 18th from 6 pm to 9 pm, Middleton Place will host their first-ever Oyster Roast in the Plantation Stableyards. The event will bring awareness to the National Historic Landmark’s Heritage Breeds program.
The evening’s menu will include:
- Fire-roasted St. Jude Farms oysters
- Smoked Manchester Farms quail breast with roasted vegetables from the Middleton Place Organic Farm
- Lowcountry Boil with Sweetgrass mussels and Combahee River clams from the nearby ACE Basin
- Roasted wild boar leg
- Smoked rabbit ragù with a pappardelle pasta
- Selections from Grain & Barrel Spirits
- Dixie Vodka
- Chicken Cock Whiskey
Guests can also expect to see:
- Quintin Middleton, a famed Master Bladesmith
- The Bluestone Ramblers
- Artisans in the Planation Stableyards demonstrating their trades
Guests are urged to arrive early to meet the Heritage Breeds at Middleton Place and to learn about the Stableyards Donation Program that supports the health and well-being of the animals and the associated ongoing education programs for the public.
Tickets for the Oyster Roast are $65 per person (beverages and food are all-inclusive)
For reservations, call 843-266-7477 or visit www.middletonplace.org.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...