The Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission (CCPRC) is ready to open a concrete skate park, known as SK8 Charleston, with grand opening events on Saturday, March 4th and Saturday, March 11th.
Both grand opening events are open to the public and begin at 1 pm. Each will feature live music, giveaways, best trick contests, and skateboarding demos.
An admission fee will be charged for spectators and participants. General admission will be $3 for participants and $1 for spectators. Gold Pass holders and kids 2-and-under may watch free of charge. An annual skate park pass can be purchased for $40.
SK8 Charleston is located at 1549 Oceanic Street on the peninsula. It overlooks the Ashley River features:
- Over 32,500 square feet of skate-able terrain
- 200-foot-long snake run
- 11.5-foot-deep pro bowl
- Seven-foot-deep intermediate bowl
- 315-foot-long street course
- Large viewing deck
- Small skate shop
- Food and drink concessions
Normal hours of operation will be:
- Monday-Friday: 2 pm to 10 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 10 pm
- Skateboarding and in-line skating will be the only activities allowed every Wednesday through Monday, with each Tuesday designated as a BMX biking-only day
For more information on SK8 Charleston, visit CharlestonCountyParks.com/Skatepark.
Comedian Nate Bargatze Coming to the North Charleston PAC in May
Comedian Nate Bargatze will bring his “The Be Funny Tour” to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center on Saturday, May...