- Michael Slager’s lawyer: Jury’s apparent rejection of murder charge should bar retrial (Post & Courier).
- Unsealed docs show Roof sought travel friend on Craigslist, growing divide with attorneys (ABC News 4).
- Charleston’s last refugees before Trump’s ban find peace in America (Post & Courier).
- Bond denied for man involved in officer-involved shooting (ABC News 4).
- ATF investigating fire that followed great-grandmother’s arrest (ABC News 4).
- City means business: 21 cars towed in Harleston Village (ABC News 4).
- Search discontinued for missing Santee Cooper security worker (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston police: Teen victim shot self; Child, 7, wounded in unrelated shooting (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina woman found ‘chained up like a dog’ to give first public interview since rescue (Post & Courier).
- Best of Charleston ’17 Nominations Announced; Final Voting Has Begun (HCS).
- Next Pecha Kucha Event to be Held During Wine + Food Fest (HCS).
- Rodney Scott’s BBQ Is Really, Really, Really Close to Opening (Eater Charleston).
- The Alley Releases Super Bowl Menus (HCS).
- In honor of Black History Month, here are the names of every African-American restaurateur in Charleston from 1880 to 1920 (Charleston City Paper).
- Short Grain is taking over Feathertop each Sunday for the rest of February (Charleston City Paper).
- Tickets Now Available for 6th Annual Charleston Beer Garden (HCS).
- Time to order your Thanksgiving turkey (ABC News 4).
- Hidden Chef: Karen Stabler, Caviar & Bananas (Charleston City Paper).
- Win lunch with the real ‘Catch Me If You Can’ Frank Abagnale, Jr. by bidding in Charleston Stage’s auction (Charleston City Paper).
- Crews respond to fire at High Cotton in downtown Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Turmeric-infused gin inspires drink at The Cocktail Club (Charleston City Paper).
- Workshop reveals first five tenants in new ‘fancy food court’ coming to Charleston’s King Street (Post & Courier).
- Frances Willis SPCA oyster roast set for Saturday night in Summerville (ABC News 4).
- Raw bar and expanded steak selection at Little Jack’s (Post & Courier).
- Hot Wings and Craft Beer Now Found at CHS Airport (Eater Charleston).
- Pulled pork platos are the stars of Avila Venezuelan Cuisine (Charleston City Paper).
- Jimmy Buffett to Perform in Daniel Island (HCS).
- Dave Chappelle visits Joint Base Charleston (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina Radio Stations Hacked with Anti-Trump Rap (FOX News 24).
- ‘Improper balls’ cost CofC women’s basketball team 2 wins (ABC News 4).
- Stephen King adaptation Mr. Mercedes filming downtown in Wagener Terrace (Charleston City Paper).
- The Charleston Pipe Band makes bagpipes cool again (Charleston City Paper).
- Building the Bridge: Local station 1055 the Bridge steps into a new era (Post & Courier).
- The Gibbes Museum of Art Presents Vern Yip on March 3 (HCS).
- Author and Entrepreneur Mathew Knowles to Visit Charleston for Book Signing (HCS).
- Rip City Plans Two-Year Anniversary Show (HCS).
- PlaneJane to Headline Dorchester Two Foundation’s Big Event (HCS).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Coach Bob Clark (HCS).
- Shep Rose Will Only Change His Look for One Lucky Lady (Bravo).
- Robert Lange Studios’ newest exhibit features realist artists from around the globe (Charleston City Paper).
- Is ‘Becky with the Good Hair’ coming to Charleston Fashion Week? (Charleston City Paper).
- At the Magic Barn, Johnny Delaware’s The Artisanals record on the same gear that birthed Bowie’s ‘Blackstar’ (Charleston City Paper).
- South Carolina bill to prohibit citywide plastic bag bans advances (Charleston City Paper).
- Sen. Lindsey Graham holds out hope Senate confirms Supreme Court nominee without drama (Post & Courier).
- Graham: I will never be satisfied until we punish Russia (CNN).
- Proposed S.C. bill targets price of college text books (Live 5 News).
- 230K in SC sign up for Affordable Care Act plans this year, group says (ABC News 4).
- First of three votes passed, requiring county to finish I-526 (News 2).
- Sgt. Jasper project returns to the BAR for second round of approval (Charleston City Paper).
- Dozens gather in Charleston to show support for local Islamic community (Live 5 News).
- Live 5 Investigates: $184,000 owed to rest area workers (Live 5 News).
- Police: Wando student faces weapons charge, threatened classmate who stole e-cig (Live 5 News).
- SC natural gas pipeline approved by regulatory commission (News 2).
- Lawmakers taking another crack at moped legislation (Post & Courier).
- New bill aims to bring stiffer penalties for those committing burglaries during evacuations (Charleston City Paper).
- More than 1300 pieces of equipment “lost” from Charleston VA medical center (News 2).
- Adoption agency abruptly closes, shocking Charleston couple, others (Post & Courier).
- Systems issue at Wando Welch terminal causes backup on I-526 (Live 5 News).
- DHEC looking into report of patients not receiving medications at West Ashley senior home (Charleston City Paper).
- Only photos remain after massive house fire in North Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Fighting the power: East Side residents to protest new utility pole (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant townhomes win $7.2M verdict over ‘faulty construction’ (Post & Courier).
- Charleston named fastest gentrifying city in U.S. (News 2).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Kinsey Gidick (HCS).
- GoFundMe for family of Gracie Benjamin nearly halfway to goal (ABC News 4).
- Block of St. Philip to be closed next week (ABC News 4).
- Report: Charleston woman arrested screaming ‘lock me up’ and hitting officers (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston police looking for carjacking suspect who bloodied woman’s face (ABC News 4).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Jack Bass (HCS).
- 2 arrested in South Aiken High shooting (Live 5 News).
- 225 acre wildfire in Francis Marion National Forest (News 2).
- Boys not seriously injured when pickup slams into bedroom (Live 5 News).
Events5 hours ago
Palmetto Carriage Works Announces 11th Annual “Locals Ride Free Day”
Press Release On Sunday, January 23rd, Palmetto Carriage Works will host its 11th annual “Locals Ride Free Day” after pausing...
Events6 hours ago
Slipknot to Bring Knotfest Roadshow 2022 Tour to the North Charleston Coliseum on March 30th
Events6 hours ago
2022 Moms’ Run Resumes In-Person 5K at New Location
Booze2 days ago
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Events4 days ago
BCLS Returns Backyard Birding with Charleston County Parks in January
Events5 days ago
EO Charleston Hosts Local Viewing of “Saving Spiracle: A Documentary About Entrepreneurs Surviving Covid”
Events5 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend