- Charleston mayor forms new office to buffer city in face of changing climate (ABC News 4).
- Gov. Nikki Haley confirmed by Senate as next UN ambassador (Live 5 News).
- Slager retrial pushed back to late August start (ABC News 4).
- Trio charged after gun battle leads to wreck in West Ashley (Live 5 News).
- WATCH: Rally at Sen. Lindsey Graham’s office against Trump cabinet picks (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina Rep. Chris Corley, accused of attacking his wife, resigns from S.C. House (Post & Courier).
- Lawmakers welcome Rep. Chris Corley resignation after domestic violence charges (Post & Courier).
- More than 2,000 join women’s march in Charleston (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston native Stephen Colbert to host Emmys on CBS in September (Post & Courier).
- Former Westendorff reopens as Stella’s Greek restaurant today (Charleston City Paper).
- Barony Tavern Has Closed (HCS).
- Taco Spot Downtown and Apartment A are no more (Charleston City Paper).
- Frank Lee: A Charleston Culinary Legend (The Daily Meal).
- Edmund’s Oast Exchange Launches Series of Classes and Tastings (HCS).
- Glass Onion Offering Weekly Humpday Hamburger Special (HCS).
- The Granary to Reopen on Coleman Blvd. Next Month (HCS).
- Joseph Jacobson’s barbecue dreams are coming true with Wild Hare Smokehouse (Charleston City Paper).
- 5Church to Host Schug Winery Dinner on 1/30 (HCS).
- Coffee with a Cop event to be held on Daniel Island (Live 5 News).
- They’re making French dips and chai lattes at the Macon (Post & Courier).
- Charleston restaurants all over queso this year (Post & Courier).
- Brown’s Court puts stamp on berry nut cookies (Post & Courier).
- Smoking out an experienced oyster caterer (Post & Courier).
- 98 Rockfest Returns in April with A Day To Remember & more (HCS).
- PULP Gallery says goodbye to Charleston this Saturday (Charleston City Paper).
- Meet Feline Fans at Pounce Cat Cafe’s Speed “Dating” Event (HCS).
- In the fifth most deadly state for domestic violence deaths, a new South Carolina program sees first flicker of success (Post & Courier).
- SC senators ban naming laws after people, animals (The State).
- As Charleston Harbor deepening moves forward, Trump’s protectionism seen as threat (Post & Courier).
- Income tax breaks South Carolina residents need to know about (Post & Courier).
- Where did new President Trump’s campaign spend money in SC? (The State).
- College of Charleston professors discuss preserving academic freedom following Trump’s election (Charleston City Paper).
- Berkeley County ends contract with Doc Williams SPCA (ABC News 4).
- Sen. Lindsey Graham says he will vote to confirm Rex Tillerson as secretary of state (Post & Courier).
- Bill circulating to raise minimum wage in SC (ABC News 4).
- South Carolina Commerce plans marketing push to grow tech sector (Post & Courier).
- Still no charges against fired North Charleston police officer Leroy Hair (ABC News 4).
- Homeowners concerned about future sand mining site in Dorchester (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Thomasena Stokes-Marshall (HCS).
- SLED investigating Pineville Russellville Fire Department (Live 5 News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Jermel President (HCS).
- Hurd/St. Andrews Regional Library to Close for Nearly a Month (HCS).
- Camera missing from hospital may have infant photos, info on card (ABC News 4).
- Old Charleston building set to be moved – 30 feet (Post & Courier).
- SC tobacco report card: ‘F’ in four categories (News 2).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Damon Fordham (HCS).
- Fire marshal: West Ashley house fire was deliberately set (Live 5 News).
- 2 associated with Wildboys street gang plead guilty to attempted murder (ABC News 4).
Events18 hours ago
The Refinery Announces October Event Lineup
The Refinery today announced its lineup of events coming up in October. Located on Charleston’s upper peninsula at 1640 Meeting...
Events22 hours ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
Events23 hours ago
UPDATE: 3rd Annual Recovery Jam Postponed to December 3rd
Events3 days ago
UPDATE: Holy City Arts & Lyric Opera’s Performance with Elaine Alvarez Canceled
Events3 days ago
BCLS Hosting Halloween Crafts and Teens Candy Caper Mystery
Events4 days ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Rescheduled Due to Impending Weather
Events4 days ago
Frannie & The Fox Announces New Italian Sensibilities Dinner Series