UPDATE on 1/19/17: Due to the severe weather forecast for Saturday, which includes possible thunderstorms, the Taste of Folly Street Party has been postponed to Saturday, Jan. 28th from 11 am – 5p m.
The Signature Series Bartender Challenge and Cocktail Competition will go on as scheduled this Friday (1/20) at Tides.
The annual Taste of Folly Festival returns next weekend for a two-day celebration out on the Edge of America.
Here’s a look at the this year’s event schedule:
Friday, January 20th
- 7 pm: Bartender Mix Off at the Tides Hotel/Blu
- Cocktail Competition
- Live music by Red Cedar Review
Saturday, January 21st
- 11 am – 5 pm: Street Festival on Center Street
- 20 Folly Beach-based food vendors
- Kids activities
- Carnival games
- Mechanical shark
- Hot dog eating contest (12 pm – 1 pm)
- Chili cook-off (12 pm – 2 pm)
- Silent auction (11 am – 4 pm)
- Date auction (2 pm – 3 pm)
- Server Olympics (12 pm – 2 pm)
- Live music by Me & Mr. Jones (3 pm – 4:30 pm) and Dallas Baker & Friends (11 am – 12 pm, 1 pm – 2 pm)
- Awards Ceremony (4:30 pm – 5 pm)
- Free to attend
Proceeds benefit participating local Folly Beach charities and nonprofits.
For more information, click here. Too excited to wait? Enjoy this highlight video from 2015:
Annual MOJA Arts Festival Continues Through October 9th
The annual MOJA Arts Festival, a celebration of African-American and Caribbean culture, continues this week with a variety of free...