On Thursday, January 12th, 492 will host its second annual Truffles and Hazelnuts Dinner with Italian chef Carlo Zarri. The six-course prix fixe menu will feature Chef Zarri’s world-renowned truffles from the Piedmont region of Italy. The meal will be accompanied by wine pairings and a complimentary glass of champagne. The dinner begins at 6 pm.
Zarri is the chef and owner of Villa San Carlo Hotel and Restaurant in the Southern Piedmont region of Italy. In January 2014, he and Chef Nate Whiting, the former chef at 492, first worked together on a similar event at the latter’s former restaurant, Tristan. Last year, the dinner moved to 492.
The 2017 menu includes:
- Traditional tomato soup with lobster meat and truffles
- Fried potato gnocchi with porcini mushroom sauce and truffle flakes.
- Homemade Tajarin (tiny noodles) with Tartufo delle Langhe.
- Beef tenderloin with Barolo wine and vegetable reduction.
- Vegetable cake with spinach stracciatella and cherry tomatoes.
- Ice cream cake with hazelnut disk and chocolate cream.
Miller Gallery to Celebrate the Opening of “Unbroken” on August 7th
On August 7th, Miller Gallery will be celebrating the opening of Unbroken. Two local artists working in different mediums have...
Itinerant Literate Books and Commonhouse Aleworks Launch Brewing on Books – A Community Book Club
Dog Day Afternoon at Local Waterparks Set for September 11th & 12th
Party at the Point Concert Series Announces Additional Dates
Steely Dan Coming to the North Charleston Performing Arts Center in October
North Charleston POPS! Announces 10th Anniversary Season
Multi-platinum, Grammy Award Winning Artist Nelly Coming to the North Charleston PAC
- Uncategorized6 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized2 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview2 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks