On Thursday, January 12th, 492 will host its second annual Truffles and Hazelnuts Dinner with Italian chef Carlo Zarri. The six-course prix fixe menu will feature Chef Zarri’s world-renowned truffles from the Piedmont region of Italy. The meal will be accompanied by wine pairings and a complimentary glass of champagne. The dinner begins at 6 pm.
Zarri is the chef and owner of Villa San Carlo Hotel and Restaurant in the Southern Piedmont region of Italy. In January 2014, he and Chef Nate Whiting, the former chef at 492, first worked together on a similar event at the latter’s former restaurant, Tristan. Last year, the dinner moved to 492.
The 2017 menu includes:
- Traditional tomato soup with lobster meat and truffles
- Fried potato gnocchi with porcini mushroom sauce and truffle flakes.
- Homemade Tajarin (tiny noodles) with Tartufo delle Langhe.
- Beef tenderloin with Barolo wine and vegetable reduction.
- Vegetable cake with spinach stracciatella and cherry tomatoes.
- Ice cream cake with hazelnut disk and chocolate cream.
Global Women’s Bartending Competition that Raises Money for Breast Cancer Awareness Coming to Charleston Wine + Food
Speed Rack, the global, all-womxn+ bartending competition that raises money for the fight against breast cancer, is making its Holy...