Most travel troubles are out of our control, so if you have a chance to minimize any aspect of the process, you should jump at the chance.
Around Christmas I enlisted the help of North Charleston’s Park & Go to assist in my travel plans. In short, you park at the facility (3621 W. Montague Ave. in North Charleston) and they transport you to the Charleston International airport. When you return to Charleston, they pick you up and bring you back to your car. It’s about a 5 minute ride from Park & Go to the airport.
My overall experience was quite positive. Everyone at Park & Go was friendly and happy to help in any way possible. Their transportation was quick and reliable. They also had some nice
“extras” you could take advantage of. There were complimentary waters, coffees, and candies to enjoy before or after your flight. Forgot to bring entertainment? Park & Go had books and magazines you could take with you. In addition, you could pay to have your car washed or detailed while you were away.
Although I was happy with my experience, let’s look at the biggest pluses and minuses of using Park & Go:
- At $8 a day, it’s cheaper than parking at the airport
- The airport charges a daily maximum of $10 (surface parking) or $15 (parking garage)
- Depending on a few different factors, it could be cheaper than taking an Uber, Lyft, or Taxi
- At pickup you may have to wait on other customers
- I had to wait a few extra minutes for other people to board the shuttle bus when I returned to Charleston. This also meant a little extra wait to check-out and get my car back at the facility
- Obviously, it would be cheaper to get a free ride from a family member or friend
If you think this may be your best option for travel to the airport, I certainly recommend it.
For more information, click here.