TOP HURRICANE MATTHEW STORIES
- LIVE UPDATES: Matthew stronger, hurricane warning area expands (ABC News 4).
- Haley: Storm surge, dams, people who don’t evacuate among concerns for Hurricane Matthew (ABC News 4).
- The Latest: Obama declares emergency in South Carolina (Live 5 News).
- Mayor: ‘We’re asking everyone to please, leave town’ (ABC News 4).
- Mount Pleasant police stepping up patrols in response to social media posts (ABC News 4).
- Troopers open some exits from reversed lanes of I-26 (Post & Courier).
- Charleston, Georgetown ports to close Friday in preparation of hurricane conditions (Post & Courier).
- Limited air service Friday at Charleston International Airport (Live 5 News).
- Storm Team 2 Daily Forecast (News 2).
- Dorchester County providing sandbags, transportation to shelters (Post & Courier).
OTHER TOP STORIES
- Solicitor files petition to charge Townville Elementary shooting suspect as adult (Live 5 News).
- Pilot error to blame in 2014 Mount Pleasant plane crash that killed instructor, student (ABC News 4).
- Motorcyclist killed in late night wreck (ABC News 4).
MISC HURRICANE STORIES
- Pawleys Island residents who refuse to leave asked by police to sign waiver (News 2).
- Reinforced Battery wall will be tested by Hurricane Matthew (ABC News 4).
- LIST: Midlands shelters and pet-friendly lodging (Live 5 News).
- Floyd fiasco spurred better I-26 evacuation plan (Post & Courier).
- Power & water companies prepared ahead of Matthew (Live 5 News).
- Evacu-shaming (Carolina Life in Bloom).
- Some Charleston business owners say evacuation call may have been premature (Charleston City Paper).
- Some Sullivan’s Island residents not concerned about Hurricane Matthew (ABC News 4).
- Anticipating hurricane, businesses in Georgetown tourist district boarding up (Live 5 News).
- People pack into tri-county shelters, with 500 camped out at North Charleston High (Post & Courier).
- People wait for hours for sandbags in Georgetown (News 2).
- Video shows home on platforms as SI braces for Hurricane Matthew (ABC News 4).
- Publix foundation donates $1M to Matthew relief effort (Post & Courier).
- Bride has ‘perfect’ wedding ahead of storm surge from Hurricane Matthew (ABC News 4).
- Political football: USC-UGA game goes on Sunday over Haley’s objections (Post & Courier).
- Couch Potato: Gators-LSU call game; watch the rest in a safe place (Live 5 News).
- Sources: ACC nearing deal to play women’s basketball tournament at Coastal Carolina (The Herald Sun).
- Charleston Named the “Worst City for Cyclists” (HCS).
Events11 hours ago
Cooper River Bridge Run Kids Run & Family Festival Rescheduled Due to Impending Weather
The Cooper River Bridge Run has postponed the Kids Run & Family Festival originally scheduled for this Sunday, October 2nd...
Booze1 day ago
3rd Annual Halloween Bar Crawl on King Street Scheduled for 10/29
Events1 day ago
Bodega and Share House to Host Oktoberfest Street Fair on October 22nd
Charity1 day ago
Uptown Social to Host “On Wednesdays We Drink Pink” Fundraising Event
Events1 day ago
Gaillard Center Hosting Southeast Premiere of New Ballet Honoring Pianist & Activist Hazel Scott by Dance Theatre of Harlem
Events1 day ago
Disney On Ice Returns to the North Charleston Coliseum in October
Art1 day ago
Principle Gallery to Present Solo Exhibition by Christie Younger