I hope everyone stays safe during Tropical Storm Hermine. Don’t go outside unless you have to! Be sure to stay up-to-date by following local media reports.
Below are some important resources and info regarding the treacherous weather.
Resources (click on each for more info):
- Current conditions, alerts, etc. (National Weather Service).
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains in Effect
- Tornado Watch has expired
- First Alert Weather (Live 5 News).
- What to do in a hurricane/tropical storm (Ready.gov).
- What to do in a tornado (Ready.gov).
- What to do in a flood (Ready.gov).
- Lowcountry counties offer community hotlines for weather concerns (News 2).
- Berkeley County hotline: 843-719-4800
- Dorchester County hotline: 843-832-0393
- Charleston County hotline: 843-746-3900
- City of Charleston Citizen Information Line: 843-619-6133
- How to make an emergency kit (Red Cross).
- Updates from Charleston County Government (Facebook).
- Updates from the City of Charleston (Charleston-SC.gov).
- Chance of isolated tornadoes as Hermine approaches; Some flooding reported (ABC News 4).
- Officials warn of deadly rip currents during Hermine (News 2).
- Friday road closures due to severe weather (News 2).
- City of Charleston’s road closure map (Charleston-SC.gov).
- SC Department of Transportation issues notice on possible bridge closures (News 2).
- SE&G’s Power Outage Map (SE&G).
- If you lose power, remember to keep your generator outside in the open air. Never run it in a closed garage or room.
- Mayor Tecklenburg: ‘We are taking this storm seriously’ (ABC News 4).
- Photo Gallery (ABC News 4).
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...