Nearly 40 African-American authors will visit Burke High School for the inaugural Black Ink: Charleston African American Book Festival on September 17th. The event will run from 1 pm to 5 pm and will feature a keynote address from Marcus Amaker, Charleston’s first poet laureate.
Featured authors include:
- Alphonso Brown: Author of A Gullah Guide to Charleston: Walking Through Black History
- Mattie Sanders: Author of Look Beyond the Smile
- Damon Fordham: Author of True Stories of Black South Carolina
- Sherman Pyatt: Author of Burke High School (1894-2006), Charleston, SC
In addition, the event will also include:
- A workshop on writing and self-publishing
- Spoken Word Poetry Slam
- A panel featuring renowned African American authors
General admission to the event is FREE. Click here for more information.
Boone Hall’s Fright Nights Returns for Spooky Season
Boone Hall’s popular “Fright Nights” Halloween attraction is back on select nights through October 30th. There are multiple ticket options...