- T&L: Charleston is the Best U.S. City for Culture (HCS).
- Feds: ‘Self-radicalized’ before attack, Dylann Roof penned another manifesto in jail (Post & Courier).
- Manatee death reported in Awendaw; Officials discussing protection efforts (ABC News 4).
- Officials: West Nile found on Joint Base Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Slager defense wants solicitor to provide character evidence before October trial (ABC News 4).
- Insurer to pay $380,000 to settle Taser lawsuit against North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Community raises more than $3,000 for local, independent video journalist (Post & Courier).
- Charleston Restaurant Week Returns Next Month (HCS).
- Alton Brown Visits Charleston, Eats All the Things (Eater Charleston).
- The Original King Street Grille is Closing on 8/28 (HCS).
- Pig Roast & Bourbon Sip Returns in November (HCS).
- Pawpaw Exposes Fried Chicken Recipe Testing (Eater Charleston).
- PHOTOS: See what you missed at the inaugural Charleston Margarita Festival (Charleston City Paper).
- Could Carolina Gold be the answer to West Africa’s rice woes? (Post & Courier).
- Big Billy’s Burger Joint & The Noisy Oyster Launch “Big, Noisy Family” Loyalty Program (HCS).
- Immortal Lobster competes for breakfast sandwich supremacy (Charleston City Paper).
- BevCon speaker calls for better tea in restaurants (Post & Courier).
- Five Finger Death Punch and Shinedown Tour Stops at Coliseum (HCS).
- TONIGHT: Trump and Clinton face off in RiverDogs’ ‘Bobblection’ (Charleston City Paper).
- CSO’s Yuriy Bekker and Andrew Armstrong CD Release Event Scheduled for 8/31 (HCS).
- Southern Women’s Show to Visit Lowcountry for the First Time (HCS).
- ‘Do or Die’ exhibit at Halsey showcases new work by Fahamu Pecou (Post & Courier).
- North Charleston police advisory commission faces hurdles (Post & Courier).
- Goose Creek High teacher arrested for relationship with student (News 2).
- Patients seek out-of-state abortions following new ban in South Carolina (Post & Courier).
- Even Mt. Pleasant’s newer residents protest development, as focus shifts to north end of town (Post & Courier).
- Meeting to focus on preventing Ravenel Bridge jumpers (Post & Courier).
- Charleston board to consider plans for new Market St. hotel (Post & Courier).
- Latta police chief, candidate for Dillon County sheriff, temporarily suspended from job (ABC News 4).
- Black and white South Carolinians’ opinions split on police in schools (Post & Courier).
- More than 4k customers without power on Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Island (Live 5 News).
- Vigil scheduled Wednesday for man fatally shot at James Island playground (News 2).
- Charleston area advocates, leaders seek community support in walk against domestic violence (Post & Courier).
- Parking for Dummies: Do’s and Don’ts for leaving your car downtown (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Andy Savage (HCS).
- SeaPak donated $10,000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse — and you can help, too (Folly Beach).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Dustin Waters (HCS).
- Investigation continues for teen fatally shot at Goose Creek party (News 2).
- Resort on Charleston barrier island plans new hotel (Post & Courier).
- SC Bar, Live 5 News holding ‘Ask-a-Lawyer’ phone bank (Live 5 News).
- Missing SC teen found safe, back home with family (News 2).
- Arrest warrant: Mother put newborn in refrigerator for hours, killing him (Live 5 News).
- Summerville woman charged with sexually assaulting 13-year-old girl in Pennsylvania (Post & Courier).
Events13 hours ago
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...
Charity17 hours ago
Big Brothers Big Sisters to Host BIG Lowcountry Boil on December 3rd
Events17 hours ago
City of Charleston Announces Upcoming Holiday Events
Events18 hours ago
Cougar Night Lights Returns to Cistern Yard For Holiday Season
Events21 hours ago
Greeting Card Competition Winners at the Holiday Festival of Lights
Events22 hours ago
Pink Cactus to Host Tequila Dinner With Tears of Llorona on 11/29
Events23 hours ago
2022 World Cup Watching Parties in Charleston