- Charleston Named World’s Best City in 2016 Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards (HCS).
- Stephen Colbert on His Close Ties to the World’s Best City (Travel + Leisure).
- 25 photos that show why Charleston was just named the best city in the world (This Insider).
- Report says ‘Charleston loophole’ helped thousands of domestic abusers obtain guns (Post & Courier).
- Anti-police violence march shuts down I-26 in Columbia, occupies Statehouse steps Sunday night (Post & Courier).
- Confederate Flag rises again at South Carolina Statehouse in Secessionist rally (New York Daily News).
- Documents Released In Mark Sanford Child Abuse Case (FitsNews).
- Truckers: Traffic delays at Wando port remain, moved to port property (ABC News 4).
- 2016 Taste of Charleston Events Announced (HCS).
- It’s hot — cool off with beer news Revelry and Holy City, plus Ghost Monkey and Two Blokes openings (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Margarita Festival Debuts Next Month (HCS).
- Butcher & Bee Adds Breakfast Service to the Lineup (Eater Charleston).
- Little Jack’s Tavern is a good steakhouse and so much more (Post & Courier).
- Ms. Rose’s Launches Summer Happy Hour Menu & Nightly Specials (HCS).
- Tides, Locklear’s bid to operate Folly Beach pier restaurant (Post & Courier).
- July 30 Marks Last Service For McCrady’s at Current Address (Eater Charleston).
- McCrady’s Tavern opens for dinner August 11 (Charleston City Paper).
- Nana’s Donuts is officially open (Charleston City Paper).
- Review of 492 (My Damn Food).
- Southend Brewery deal in Charleston was a craft beer coincidence (Post & Courier).
- The quest for Charleston restaurant bathroom changing tables (Charleston City Paper).
- Chef Frank Lee steps down at Slightly North of Broad; Parker out at Old Village Post House (Post & Courier).
- Food Trucks Are What’s Hot In The Streets (Yelp).
- Hot Quail, Six Courses of Tomatoes, and Five Courses of Peaches (Eater Charleston).
- Twenty Six Divine Hosts Caribbean-Inspired Brunch on 7/17 (HCS).
- Bastille Day Cocktail: Lady Liberte (Post & Courier).
- Edmund’s Oast makes roasted cauliflower fetching with feta (Post & Courier).
- Pokemon Go has locals scouring their neighborhoods trying to ‘catch them all’ (ABC News 4).
- Pokémon Go: The good, the bad, and the Blastoise (Charleston City Paper).
- Burning Down the House: 2017 Firefighter Calendar Debut Party Announced (HCS).
- Jeff Dunham Will Be “Perfectly Unbalanced” at the Coliseum (HCS).
- Andrew Walker reimagines Jailbreak, and makes it bigger (Post & Courier).
- SUSTO’s Justin Osborne grapples with his Christian upbringing in “Chillin’ on the Beach with My Best Friend Jesus Christ” (Charleston City Paper).
- 40 years on, planetarium at Francis Marion gets makeover (ABC News 4).
- 3rd Annual Ladybug Release at Magnolia Plantation & Gardens (HCS).
- Charleston Museum plans include new paleontology lab (Charleston City Paper).
- Wando, Presbyterian football mourn death of Stevie Wilson (Post & Courier).
- Local traveling basketball team wins national championship (Post & Courier).
- South Carolina joins suit over transgender student policies (Charleston City Paper).
- Black Lives Matter protest planned for Wednesday at Emanuel AME (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant council rejects moratorium on residential construction (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Councilman Bill Moody (HCS).
- Charleston VA director discusses wait times, parking (Post & Courier).
- Septima P. Clark director under fire over dress code dispute now reassigned (ABC News 4).
- Planning Commission votes to deny rezoning application for Sergeant Jasper site (News 2).
- Lawsuit filed as coroner looks into in death of 2 year old (ABC News 4).
- Suspects sought in deadly Terry Drive shooting (ABC News 4).
- Convicted arsonist freed from prison; downtown Charleston arsons remain unsolved (ABC News 4).
- Bikers chase down driver they say hit two motorcycles in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- Summerville man arrested after police investigate report of shots fired at apartment complex (Live 5 News).
- New details uncovered in death of SHS teen (News 2).
- A Day in the Life With Cystic Fibrosis: Vlog By 9-Year-Old from Mt. Pleasant (HCS).
- Truck knocks down power lines, utility pole in downtown Charleston (ABC News 4).
- Young father was brutally beaten in Charleston home (Post & Courier).
- $1k cash reward offered (ABC News 4).
- Cloned credit card used in Mount Pleasant; Suspects sought (ABC News 4).
- Six more South Carolina residents contract Zika, bringing statewide total to 17 (Post & Courier).
- CFD investigating another firefighter threat on Facebook (Live 5 News).
- S.C. Aquarium joins effort to battle sea rise (Post & Courier).
- West Ashley man reported missing found, police say (Live 5 News).
- Deputies investigating after home invasion in North Charleston (Live 5 News).
- SCE&G keeps lifting your bill higher and higher (Post & Courier).
- Man accused of biting off ex-girlfriend’s nose pleads guilty to lesser charge (Live 5 News).
- Zika virus cases jump in SC (News 2).
- Cops hold community outreach at high crime apartment complex (Live 5 News).
- Georgetown man’s bicylce stolen; police perform good deed for family (News 2).
- Wanted: Chick-fil-A Lowcountry burglars caught on camera (Live 5 News).
Charleston Wine + Food Festival17 hours ago
Charleston Wine + Food Launches 2023 Schedule on New App
Press Release The Charleston Wine + Food Festival (CHSWF) today announced the 2023 programming via the festival’s app, giving guests...
Events21 hours ago
Charleston Animal Society to Host Applause for Paws Havana Nights Gala on October 15th at the Gaillard Center
Charity22 hours ago
Charleston Beer Fest Looking for Volunteers
Events22 hours ago
Point Hope United Methodist Church to Host Christmas Eve Live Nativity and Glow Service
Events22 hours ago
PURE Theatre Announces Young Professionals Happy Hour Series
Events22 hours ago
Seventh Annual Pat Conroy Literary Festival Scheduled For October 28th to 30th
Events23 hours ago
Dorchester County Fire Rescue to Celebrate 10th Annual Fire Day in Recognition of Fire Prevention Week