At long last the day has finally arrived! About a year and a half after it was announced, Lewis Barbecue is opening today! Texas pitmaster John Lewis has been teasing the Holy City with pop-ups and one off events, but starting at 11 am, Charlestonians can enjoy his delicious BBQ six days a week.
- Lewis Barbecue is located at 464 N. Nassau St. in the Half Mile North development of downtown Charleston
- It’s regular business hours will be Tuesday through Sunday from 11 am to 10 pm
- Bar service will be available until midnight
- The full food menu can be seen on the right (the City Paper has a more complete menu here).
- The bar program will include:
- Boozy agua frescas
- Craft cocktails
- Local beer
- There is an indoor/outdoor bar and backyard patio
- Local interior designer Betsy Berry designed the restaurant space
- The service counter features imported Oaxacan tile
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...