The winner of Big Billy’s Burger Joint’s “Build Your Best Burger Contest” was Candice Boyd, who created “The Fry Master.” Her creation was a fried burger stuffed with mozzarella, topped with fried onions, fried pickles, and ranch.
- The Macintosh’s next Summer Pig Pickin’ with Chef Jeremiah Bacon will be held on June 28th. Click here for more information.
- Bull Street Gourmet & Market has added two new members to its staff – Christopher Evans is the new executive chef and Jason Williams is now general manager.
- The cafe also announced that its operating hours are being extended to 9 pm.
- Sermet’s Downtown has added the Gentry Derby and Gentry Bourbon Summer Sangria to their featured cocktail list.
- From Friday, June 17th to Sunday, June 19th, Crave Kitchen & Cocktails will celebrate Father’s Day by offering specials and supporting local charity Camp Rise Above. $2 dollars from any of specials sold throughout the weekend will be donated to the charity. In addition to the food specials, Crave will also donate $2 from every cocktail special and non-alcoholic “mocktail” sold to the charity.
Ms. Rose’s Fine Food & Cocktails has opened their brand new open-air patio.
- Caviar & Bananas has introduced four new sandwiches to its menu
- The Usual with roasted turkey, brie, arugula, shaved red onion and apricot-rosemary marmalade on toasted multigrain
- ‘Bama Salmon with house hot-smoked salmon, jalapeno slaw and Alabama White Sauce on sourdough
- Italiana features genoa salami, black forest ham, mortadella, aged provolone, red onion, arugula, tomato and cherry pepper vinaigrette on a baguette
- Zucchini Toastie with sautéed zucchini, onion and garlic, house-made ricotta and aged parmesan served on multigrain
- 5Church has debuted a new summer menu featuring seasonal spins on mainstay dishes, as well as some new options. New and updated items include:
- Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Yukon potato latke, glazed summer vegetables, and pomegranate demi
- Mushroom Soup with buttery croutons and gruyere
- Crab Cakes with champagne mandarin coulis, orange, and mandarin mixed green salad
- Tuna Tartare with avocado relish, ginger hoisin, orange, radish, and sesame chips
- Seared Sea Scallops with corn fricassee, basil, tomato confit, and tomato lime emulsion
- Arancini with bolognese, peas, fontina, and spicy tomato sauce
- Cave-Aged Cheddar Agnolotti with sweet peas, country ham, and black pepper
- Summer Vegetables
Berkeley County Library System to host Tiny Art Show for Teens
Berkeley County Library System (BCLS) is hosting a Tiny Art Show for Teens (Ages 12-18) during July. Customers may pick...