The Greater Charleston Restaurant Association (GCRA) invites members of the service industry to join in on the fun at the RiverDogs’ games during their “Hospitality Industry Wednesdays” series. During select nights this summer, service industry workers can get food specials, reserved seating, and the chance to compete head-to-head in a series of “Chopped”-styled competitions. Click here for more information.
- Cannon Green has launched a new brunch program that will be held every Sunday from 11 am to 3 pm. “Beats + Brunch” combines Chef Amalia Scatena’s Lowcountry cuisine with live music from DJ NattyHeavy. See the brunch menu here. Reservations are recommended.
- Today, Edmund’s Oast will offer a Summer Entertaining Class as part of Le Creuset’s Guest Chef Series. Starting at 6 pm at Le Creuset L’Atelier, Chef Reid Henninger, Beverage Director Cameron Read, and Head Bartender Jayce McConnell will collaborate to offer an interactive class featuring summer cocktails, beer and wine pairings, and seafood bites. The cost is $40 per person and space is limited. Tickets can be purchased here.
- On Sunday, May 29th, Edmund’s Oast hosts alternative rock band Casaveda. Click here for more information.
- On Wednesday, June 22nd, Edmund’s Oast will host a book launch event for Food & Beer by Chef Daniel Burns and brewer Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø of Luksus restaurant and Tørst bar in Brooklyn, NY. The event will feature a five course menu that will be served in a family-style format. Beer pairings are included. Tickets are $95 per person and include the dinner, a copy of Food & Beer, and a special collector’s glass from Tørst. Tickets are $165 for a couple with one copy of the book. Three seatings will be available. Click here for more information.
This Memorial Day weekend, Fill Restaurant & Piano Bar will feature four nights of dinner and dueling piano shows. The long weekend will kick off with a dueling piano show on Thursday, May 26. There will be two shows per night on Friday and Saturday and a final show on Sunday. Showtimes vary and reservations are required. To make your reservation, visit FillBar.com or call 843-800-3042.
- Beginning on May 31st, Stereo 8 will begin serving lunch on weekdays from 11:30 am until 4 pm. The menu has not been finalized yet, but customers should expect options like salads, tacos, cheeseburger, small plates, and chips and salsa.
On Monday, June 13th, Mercantile & Mash will host a Guest Chef Dinner & Demo with Kazu Murakami of O-Ku. The following menu will be accompanied by hor d’ouevres, sake, and light dessert: Local white fish crudo, Local wild caught shrimp spring roll, Do-it-yourself Temaki Spicy Tuna. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased here.
- Mercantile and Mash has welcomed Charles Talucci as its new Executive Pastry Chef.