Southern Living will celebrate its 50th Anniversary with a three-day event in the Holy City. The “Southern Living Live: Charleston Event Weekend” will be held from June 10th through the 12th.
Similar to last year’s “Insiders’ Weekend,” this celebration will feature a variety of events hosted by the magazine’s editors and local personalities. The city’s culinary tastes, shopping districts, music scene, and homes & gardens will be on display.
Here’s a look at some highlighted events:
- Friday, June 10
- Executive Chef Marc Collins and Southern Living Editor-in-Chief Sid Evans will host a private dinner and cocktail reception on the lawn at the Wentworth Mansion
- FIG’s executive chef and James Beard Award Winner Jason Stanhope will host a private dinner with Southern Living Test Kitchen Director Robby Melvin
- Saturday, June 11
- The Charleston Parks Conservancy, Gardening Editor Steve Bender, and the Charleston “Window Box Ladies” will host a Gardening Seminar
- The Southern Living “Biscuits & Jam Outdoor Concert” will be held at Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Parker Millsap and The Secret Sisters will perform
- Sunday, June 12
- “Bloody Marys and Biscuits Brunch” at the Historic Rice Mill
Other events include:
- A Gullah Walking Tour
- Curated Art Walk
- King Street Shopping Event
- Historic Home Tours
- Antiquing Panel
Recovery Jam Happening This Saturday Featuring Grammy Nominee
The 3rd annual Recovery Jam presented by Crews Subaru will take place this Saturday, December 3rd at the Isle of...