- Transgender advocates fear bill’s fallout even if it dies (ABC News 4).
- Put animal health first (Post & Courier).
- Citadel considers changes to allow student to wear Muslim head scarf (ABC News 4).
- Patriots Point unveils plans to build seaside resort (Live 5 News).
- Story that Publix worker wouldn’t serve Mount Pleasant cop inaccurate, police and grocer say (Post & Courier).
- Emanuel AME Church to host hundreds of people impacted by gun violence (Post & Courier).
- Weekend Events, Parties, & Plans: 4/15 – 4/17/16 (HCS).
- Dirt: The Lowcountry Local Food Guide (Charleston City Paper).
- Keegan-Filion switching to non-GMO feed; warns meat prices will rise (Post & Courier).
- These food trucks shop local no matter what road they’re on (Charleston City Paper).
- Meet the Yelpers: Diverse group of local winners bond over shared experiences (Post & Courier).
- Yelp trio reviews Maybank Public House (Post & Courier).
- Help farmers by making your voice heard on proposed legislation (Charleston City Paper).
- Popsicle Bar Crooked Crown Brings Boozy Treats to Spring Street Soon (Eater Charleston).
- Affordable, fun food found at The Darling Oyster Bar (Post & Courier).
- Congress marries the flavors of Italy and Mexico into one solid restaurant (Charleston City Paper).
- Explore the Throwback Dining Room at Little Jack’s Tavern (Eater Charleston).
- Soft Opening at Little Jack’s Tavern Gives Glimpses of the Menu (Eater Charleston).
- From beans to bar at Little Jack’s (Post & Courier).
- The Chef & the Farmer (Charleston City Paper).
- Jon Darling opens his farm to returning army vets (Charleston City Paper).
- Rum Runners Charleston Debuts in June (HCS).
- The secretive and slippery world of glass eel fishing (Charleston City Paper).
- GrowFood Carolina hosts Spring Fling dinner with local chefs, farmers (Post & Courier).
- Olive oil gets local food consumption cranking (Post & Courier).
- Get tipsy with 400 years of Southern booze history in Southern Spirits (Charleston City Paper).
- What to expect this weekend at Southern Ground (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston Race Week features more than 250 boats as event turns 21 (Post & Courier).
- Gray skies not deterring Charleston Race Week sailors (Live 5 News).
- 2016 Party at the Point Schedule (HCS).
- Atlanta-bound playwright and comedian David Lee Nelson discusses the lessons he learned in Charleston (Charleston City Paper).
- Record Store Day 2016 brings releases from Frank Turner, Miles Davis, and Bill Evans (Charleston City Paper).
- POW! Free Comic Book Day is May 7th (HCS).
- NCAA grants Citadel commit’s release after white hood incident (ABC News 4).
- Big weekend for outdoor fitness lovers in the Lowcountry (Post & Courier).
- Bank of America Chamber Music Series brings several debuts to Spoleto (Charleston City Paper).
- Lattimore can’t be on USC staff says NCAA (News 2).
- Pop-Up Charleston celebrates bittersweet ‘Series Finale’ (Live 5 News).
- Chas County’s 17h Annual Earth Day Festival is Set for 4/23 (HCS).
- South Carolina football ends ties with chaplain (ABC News 4).
- Special Olympics Spring Games rained out (Live 5 News).
- South Carolina’s unemployment rate rises to 5.7 percent in March; first increase in over a year (Post & Courier).
- Local leaders ask young gang members to contact them directly (Charleston City Paper).
- Mother Of Transgender Son Speaks Out Against “Bathroom Bill” (FITS News).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: Mount Pleasant Mayor Linda Page (HCS).
- Sharon Blackwood named Berkeley Teacher of the Year (Post & Courier).
- College of Charleston Fire Chief facing charges (News 2).
- North Charleston police officer saluted for bringing Waffle House food to broke, hungry person (Post & Courier).
- 5-year-old named kid hero for calling 911 (Live 5 News).
- Charleston’s permaculture movement arrives at the drafting table (Charleston City Paper).
- Police identify suspect in Charleston shooting (News 2).
- Highway Patrol: 3 teens struck by SUV swerving to avoid stopped traffic (ABC News 4).
- Police arrest man wanted for stealing construction equipment (Live 5 News).
- Police: Man breaks leg off coffee table, threatens to break victim’s knees with it (News 2).
- Crews extinguish mobile home fire in Moncks Corner (Live 5 News).
- North Charleston business looking to hire 100+ employees (News 2).
- Suspect charged in armed robbery of Subway restaurant (Live 5 News).
Charleston Wine + Food Festival1 hour ago
Charleston Wine + Food Launches 2023 Schedule on New App
Press Release The Charleston Wine + Food Festival (CHSWF) today announced the 2023 programming via the festival’s app, giving guests...
Events6 hours ago
Charleston Animal Society to Host Applause for Paws Havana Nights Gala on October 15th at the Gaillard Center
Charity6 hours ago
Charleston Beer Fest Looking for Volunteers
Events6 hours ago
Point Hope United Methodist Church to Host Christmas Eve Live Nativity and Glow Service
Events7 hours ago
PURE Theatre Announces Young Professionals Happy Hour Series
Events7 hours ago
Seventh Annual Pat Conroy Literary Festival Scheduled For October 28th to 30th
Events7 hours ago
Dorchester County Fire Rescue to Celebrate 10th Annual Fire Day in Recognition of Fire Prevention Week