Tabelog recently included Crave Kitchen & Cocktails in its roundup of the 10 Best Mac and Cheese Restaurants in America. To read the full article, click here.
- The Mixson Farmers Market kicks off its season with a grand opening celebration on Saturday, April 9th from 10 am until 2 pm. The event will include live music from the V-Tones, kids activities, chef demos, and a Sweet & Savory local pie contest to celebrate Eat Local Month. Click here for more information.
Last week, Persimmon Cafe started construction on a new location in the Summerville Center at 1097 Main Street. The eatery is expected to open early this summer. Unlike the downtown location, which shares space with a laundromat, the Summerville spot will be a stand alone restaurant.
Speaking of Persimmon Cafe, the winning charity in the shop’s Sandwich Contest is Lowcountry Autism Foundation. Throughout April, a portion of sales from Persimmon’s Fat Boy Chicken Philly will go to the organization.
- On Wednesday, April 6th, Mercantile & Mash will host an Elk Cove Vineyards wine tasting. Paired bites will be served with the wines. There are only 25 seats available. Purchase your tickets here.
- The Glass Onion will be pouring a variety of Rose wines for their next monthly charity beverage tasting on Wednesday, April 6 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. The wine will be paired along with small bites for $10 per person. $5 of every ticket will benefit Lowcountry Street Grocery. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Local acoustic rock band The Bushels are back at Edmund’s Oast to play live music on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month. Their set will run form 6 pm until 9 pm in the courtyard.
- Kitchen Art, a home, kitchen, and gift store, is now open in the Citadel Mall.
- Colan Vance has been named the new director of operations at The Indigo Road.
Charleston County Parks Debuts 5K Trail Race Series
Charleston County Parks today introduced a 5K trail race series that will be held at Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Johns...