Yesterday, Slow Food Charleston held their inaugural Snail Awards, which recognized the community leaders supporting the Slow Food movement, at The American Theater.
This year’s winners were:
- The Activist: An individual or organization that is a spokesperson or voice for the Slow Food mission
- Charleston County Green Waste Program
- The Provider: A producer or provider of food at the most basic level
- Celeste Albers, Green Grocer
- The Artist: An individual or business that is using refined skill with locally, sustainable ingredients to provide for the community. One winner will be recognized for work with food and another for work with beverage.
- Food: Craig Diehl, Cypress/Aritsan Meat Share
- Drink: High Wire Distilling
- The Snailblazer: A publicly nominated award for an individual who is making strides in their own field to positively impact the Charleston community. This individual should personify the many aspects of Slow Food’s mission and will be vetted through an application process
- Germaine Jenkins, Fresh Future Farm
- The Place: A business that adheres to Slow Food principles in terms of its business practices and philosophies
- Grow Food Carolina
- The Legend:
- Chef Mike Late, FIG/The Ordinary
Each winner received a custom Le Creuset Dutch Oven with a custom snail knob crafted by Robert Morris. The Snailblazer received a $1,000 cash prize.
Charleston County Parks Debuts 5K Trail Race Series
Charleston County Parks today introduced a 5K trail race series that will be held at Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Johns...