The Macintosh has hired Julie Merlino to be its new general manager. Merlino is coming to Charleston from New York City. She is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and spent time as the assistant general manager and wine director at the famed Monkey Bar in NYC.
- FortyEight, a new Wine Bar in Freshfields Village on Kiawah Island, will offer a Happy Hour menu from 3 pm – 6 pm Mondaythrough Friday. They include half off cheese plates and charcuterie. Brushetta, salad, and a signature panini are $4.50 to $6.00. Beer specials include $1.50 Michelob Ultra, and four rotating craft beer options under $3.00 a bottle. Click here for more information.
Chick’s Fry House has added some new menu items. The Charleston Nasty Biscuit (right) and the Fried Green Tomato BLT, both well-loved Hominy Grill menu items. are now at Chick’s. A vegetable plate (a choice of 3 or 4 of our vegetable sides with a biscuit) is also available. See the whole menu here.
- In case you didn’t know, the Johns Island Farmers Market is open throughout the winter. Catch it every Saturday from 10 am – 2 pm.
- Recently, Jim and Ann Irvin announced that their property and Charleston’s only winery, Irvin~House Vineyards, was sold to the Freiwald family. They originally purchased the land in 2001. The name has been changed to Deep Water Vineyard. Tastings and gatherings at the winery and Firefly Distillery will continue as normal.
- Now through March 6th, SOL Southwest Kitchen & Tequila Bar will donate $1 from the sale of two featured items to HALOS. The featured items are Tuna Lollipops Appetizer and the Blood Orange Margarita.
- Limehouse Produce recently became Green Plus Certified by the Institute of Sustainable Development. The designation is a nationally recognized, third party green business certification that indicates a company’s dedication to sustainable practices.
Home Team BBQ has announced that they have plans for a small expansion at the West Ashley location. The expansion will take over the adjoining space that was formerly a hair salon. It will provide more room for the stage area and more seating. Construction is expected to be completed by the spring.
ZZ Top Returns to the North Charleston PAC in September
Rock & Roll Hall of Famers ZZ Top will perform at the North Charleston Coliseum on September 28th. In 1969,...
PCC Honoring National HIV Testing Day with Extended Hours, Gifts
BCLS Hosts a Variety of Children’s Virtual Programs for Summer 2021
Fetter Health Care Network extends COVID-19 vaccine clinics into July
High Tide Music Festival Coming to Riverfront Park this September
UPDATE: Suds + Spuds Fundraising Event Postponed to the Fall
The Charleston Forum Kicks Off 5th Annual Events this Month
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 weeks ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Events3 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- Resources8 years ago
- Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
- Food7 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks